"First 30 years just the beginning..."

Comments

• Reply 121 of 159
    bibsbibs Posts: 1member
    Apple have removed the 'first 30 years' from their UK homepage - does this mean what ever is going to be launched we'll have to wait for months after the launch in US, just like we did with iTMS - don't let that happen again - me and my Christmas bonus are waiting for you!!!
  • Reply 122 of 159
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bibs View Post

Apple have removed the 'first 30 years' from their UK homepage - does this mean what ever is going to be launched we'll have to wait for months after the launch in US...

Few know what this means. We just speculate here. And, by the way, welcome to AppleInsider!
  • Reply 123 of 159
    iPray that sumthin GRRRREAT is released.

After the release, I go to bank and iBeg for money to buy it.
  • Reply 124 of 159
    bibs, welcome to AI and to Temporary Insanity, where we have lots of fun wasting all out time and energy spekulatin' 'bout what's a comin', with absoultely little or no evidence to support our reasoning.8)

If Apple releases soething big, there may be a chance that it is only for th euS market temporarily. HOwever, the Keynote would not be solely US-centric, so for those of us living outside the US, there will be something nice.

This one is gonna be big, but what it's gonna be is anybody's guess.
  • Reply 125 of 159
    Yes, I think the iMac will be the next big thing from Apple.

No chin. Just the LCD and get this..... NO BORDERS AROUND THE SCREEN.

The image will be plastic borderless.

real cool.
  • Reply 126 of 159
    rolorolo Posts: 686member
    Hmm, as bibs pointed out, that image is gone from the UK, Canada, and Europe sites. Only up in the US so I wonder if it'll disappear tonight,
  • Reply 127 of 159
    hobbithobbit Posts: 532member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rolo View Post

Hmm, as bibs pointed out, that image is gone from the UK, Canada, and Europe sites. Only up in the US so I wonder if it'll disappear tonight,

There's a good chance that it was never intended for any of the other Apple pages. As MW is a US fair the teaser was likely only intended for the US website. It might have slipped onto the other pages as all Apple web sites are controlled and updated from the US, which was promptly corrected.

We probably read way too much into this.

In any case be aware that Apple usually disappoints when they allude to something 'huge'. In the end it's probably just a teaser for Mac OS X 10.5 - being the best Mac OS ever (TM).

I wouldn't be surprised if MW SF is merely about Leopard - and that's that.
  • Reply 128 of 159
    Tweened from Calvin and Hobbes: "The key to happiness is to lower your expectations to the point where they are already met."

Not in this case.

I don't think this is going to be a small year for Apple, and think that we will all be pretty surprised at what is coming.
  • Reply 129 of 159
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by European guy View Post

real cool.

Some people like the chin... for post-its and stuff :-)
  • Reply 130 of 159
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

real cool.

A nice dream here. Unfortunately, I had a different one last night.
  • Reply 131 of 159
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

My wife was surprised when I asked her whether she liked the chin on her iMac 17. It was so thickly covered with post-its she couldn't actually see it!

Personally, I like the big Apple smiling at me every day. Keeps me company.
  • Reply 132 of 159
    the greatest advice ive gotten on these forums thus far is to put stickies on my imac's chin. my effeciency will go way up!
  • Reply 133 of 159
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

Sounds like one sticky situation
  • Reply 134 of 159
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kcdstudios View Post

the greatest advice ive gotten on these forums thus far is to put stickies on my imac's chin. my effeciency will go way up!

Yep, beats the alternatives of keeping nice, neat, and organized notes in a Text Editor or something.

Sebastian
  • Reply 135 of 159
    Isn't a computer just a big paper weight anyways?

You can't always help how others give you memos. Often times, people choose paper.
  • Reply 136 of 159
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Isn't a computer just a big paper weight anyways?

You can't always help how others give you memos. Often times, people choose paper.

Fair Enough

Tip off Greenpeace about all the people wasting Paper by not sending documents to you in digital form.

Sebastian
  • Reply 137 of 159
    Maybe they could surround our island in their litle boats and spiffy outfits and hold up a sign printed on.... PAPER!!

4 days 7 hours 58 minutes

plus about 2 hours of iChat
  • Reply 138 of 159
    Quote:

real cool.

oh if only it were true
  • Reply 139 of 159
    Yeah i think leopard is coming too but have you noticed that you cant buy isight cams from apple.com any more so theres another thing that is going to happen at mwsf...
  • Reply 140 of 159
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Maybe they could surround our island in their litle boats and spiffy outfits and hold up a sign printed on.... PAPER!!

4 days 7 hours 58 minutes

plus about 2 hours of iChat

Nah, Greenpeace has more style then that.

They'll bring a big Gigantic Plasma (that is likely full of toxic chemicals) blaring the Words (in green) "Apple T3H SuX0Rz for making a handy spot to waste TREES in the form of Post It notes on their iMac Lines, oh and give us your $Green!$ to help take down Apple"

At the bottom will be a tiny disclaimer nobody can read without a Highe Powered Telescope up close to the screen saying "Apple is a Proud Supporter of the PDF Standard having based an OS using it for it's Rendering Engine and placing a Print to PDF option in every Application"

---------------------

If you're lucky you'll get the Paper Sign though

Sebastian