Steve Jobs on the way out?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/mark...&cm_ite=NA

How reliable is this Kass fellow? Anone know his track record?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 44
    Pray it is bull.
  • Reply 2 of 44
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Pray it is bull.

I am praying it is true - then I can buy the stock when it drops to 40...
  • Reply 3 of 44
    This is one of those things no analyst is "reliable" on. At this point, Steve would leave only due to personal reasons, and I doubt that Mr. Kass has any privileged info on that.

Steve's presence is "harming" Apple only in the eyes of outsiders who wouldn't favor Apple no matter what.
  • Reply 4 of 44
    jwdawsojwdawso Posts: 389member
    There are so many rumors surrounding Jobs involvement in the options issues, as well as his health. One day it will be true that he will leave Apple, and their will be rumors about it before it happens. However, we need to hear a few more before starting to get worried!
  • Reply 5 of 44
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    He will leave Apple when they take him out in a box.
  • Reply 6 of 44
    wircwirc Posts: 302member
    It only says that he'll take a leave of absence.

Possible, not probable. Nice of him to add details beyond a teaser...
  • Reply 7 of 44
    If there were questions, I don't think the Board would have said it had "complete confidence in Steve Jobs." That rumor could be a holdover from before the report on Dec. 29.
  • Reply 8 of 44
    i can never let myself Trust someone whos teeth are SO white
  • Reply 9 of 44
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TednDi View Post

Floppy or Hard Drive?
  • Reply 10 of 44
    rolorolo Posts: 686member
    Yeah, as if we should trust a rumor from a short seller quoted by a hedge fund manager. The market is beating down the stock today, not this stupid rumor.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=4227
  • Reply 11 of 44
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:

Bravo!

Jobs forever!

V/R,

Aries 1B
  • Reply 12 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trendannoyer View Post

i can never let myself Trust someone whos teeth are SO white

They are unnaturally white. Scarily so.
  • Reply 13 of 44
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:

and one more thing, the iCasket, plays your favorite tunes....forever. Comes in white or black, 5.1 or 7.1 sound, 100gb or 120gb. iSight with bluetooth for your loved ones to view your slowly decaying remains which will rock out and move to the music.

oh that's horrible.
  • Reply 14 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sandau View Post

and one more thing, the iCasket, plays your favorite tunes....forever. Comes in white or black, 5.1 or 7.1 sound, 100gb or 120gb. iSight with bluetooth for your loved ones to view your slowly decaying remains which will rock out and move to the music.

oh that's horrible.

wow...that truly is horrible....
  • Reply 15 of 44
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    In any event, I hope he is grooming his successor. Apple's success is tied to this man, and that has to worry Apple's board.
  • Reply 16 of 44

"Oh, and one more thing (long dramatic pause);"

"See ya, don't wanna be ya!"

• Reply 17 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gordy View Post

In any event, I hope he is grooming his successor. Apple's success is tied to this man, and that has to worry Apple's board.

Not to mention us stockholders...

Although I still believe this is a good long haul stock, Jobs' leaving would mean taking a short term beating.
  • Reply 18 of 44
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,310moderator
    The thing is, people joke about Steve leaving but what would happen if he went for good? How badly would it affect Apple? It seems to me it would be like if Jesus left Christianity. Steve is the face on a faceless corporation.

His side-kicks have shown that they're not up to taking over. Bertrand Serlet looked like a drunk, ok he's French so maybe that's a style but still. Every guy that came on during the keynote, I just wanted them to put Steve back on.

Inevitably he will leave and that is why we need to get human cloning perfected before that time comes. No one can ever replace him because he is a co-founder of Apple.
  • Reply 19 of 44
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Steve will have his conciousnes transferred to the new Apple data center upon his expiry. He will then automatically have his karma increased via software update and a be able to download himself into our computers ever 18 months on average.

OS 11 = Steve 2.0
  • Reply 20 of 44
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    I still believe a little bit of foundation is needed before Steve leaves. As mature as Apple is now, they have Steve to thank. Remember when we had eight Performas in the market in one year? Yeah we don't need that again.