Connecting my Wii to my iMac?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
What am I doing wrong?

here.

What do I put in "WLAN Access Point" section on the Wii? (scroll down to bottom of page)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    help?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    when you enable internet sharing on your mac, it should ask you to give a network name (ie a name for a network which will show up when other computers search for wireless network. You will also be able to set up security options here). That is what you put in there.

Pleas note: I haven't actually connected my wii through my mac like this. I am just going on how I have internet shared wiith other computers, and how I set up my wii on my home network.

I will be trying this tomorrow tho, when I move back to uni!

Let mw know if it works, and I will do the same.

stu
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stustanley View Post

when you enable internet sharing on your mac, it should ask you to give a network name (ie a name for a network which will show up when other computers search for wireless network. You will also be able to set up security options here). That is what you put in there.

Pleas note: I haven't actually connected my wii through my mac like this. I am just going on how I have internet shared wiith other computers, and how I set up my wii on my home network.

I will be trying this tomorrow tho, when I move back to uni!

Let mw know if it works, and I will do the same.

I'm clueless, can't get it to work.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I'm clueless, can't get it to work.

I will be trying it in about 12 hours, so I will let you know how I get on.

stu
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stustanley View Post

I will be trying it in about 12 hours, so I will let you know how I get on.

stu

..cool.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    ok, I got mine all working.

When you are enabling internet sharing on your mac (System preferences > sharing > Internet), when it is turned off you can set the optiosn including the name and whether any security is present. this will be the ssdi you want (what you put where is says your wlan point here).

stu