Leaked iPod Phone Picture... Real?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
It's making the rounds now, so I thought I'd grab it quickly, save to my online album thingy and dump it here.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 47
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Looks like it was taken by some low-quality mobile phone cam... looks a bit warped and stuff.
  • Reply 2 of 47
    sport73sport73 Posts: 438member
    That's a bad Photoshop job covered up with copius blur. The screen perspective is out of proportion with the hardware, as is the relative blur of the on-screen images vs. the overall picture.

Big time fake.

Oddly enough, however, I do consider this to be the closest I've seen to what Apple is likely to deliver.
  • Reply 3 of 47
    Looks like a phony mock-up. The screen looks like paper.
  • Reply 4 of 47
    Damn these stupid mockups and fakes and s1ht. 3 Days.... Losing my mind. Wait.... LOST my mind already
  • Reply 5 of 47
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman View Post

Damn these stupid mockups and fakes and s1ht. 3 Days.... Losing my mind. Wait.... LOST my mind already

Here is the easy way of doing things
    1. Any "Leaked" Image is a Fake

2. Don't expect the iPhone (at least not here) and you won't be disappointed

Sebastian
  • Reply 6 of 47
    Chicago for the keypad font? I don't think so.

Sexy form factor, tho.
  • Reply 7 of 47
    FAAAAAAKE.

Oh, and CRAP FAAAAAAAAAAKE.
  • Reply 8 of 47
    @homenow@homenow Posts: 998member
    I don' t think that you will see a "virtual" keypad. Apple knows that most people dont actually look at a remote or keyboard, or even a keypad most of the time, relying on our tactile senses to enter the data. They gave the iPod a way to do this and kept it around for the Remote. A phone needs a real keypad for the same reason.
  • Reply 9 of 47
    glossgloss Posts: 506member
    Looks a bit like a mod based on this phone.
  • Reply 10 of 47
    willrobwillrob Posts: 203member
    Apple's patents do refer to a touch screen. But there might be send/talk type buttons as well. The LG phone linked in the post above (if true) might as well be the Apple phone.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by @homenow View Post

I don' t think that you will see a "virtual" keypad. Apple knows that most people dont actually look at a remote or keyboard, or even a keypad most of the time, relying on our tactile senses to enter the data. They gave the iPod a way to do this and kept it around for the Remote. A phone needs a real keypad for the same reason.

• Reply 11 of 47
    There is absolutely no truth to this image as it was not taken in an elevator.

• Reply 12 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gloss View Post

Looks a bit like a mod based on this phone.

That's exactly what I was oging to say. I saw that and saw the exact same phone. It looks like it could even be the exact same picture, rotated a bit, modified and blur.

Edit: I believe that IS the exact same picture, cropped and modified. It has the red light in the background, and the guys hands are in the EXACT SAME POSITION!
  • Reply 13 of 47
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I think it looks like a photoshop mockup of a cross between a Newton and a Sony Reader.
  • Reply 14 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

There is absolutely no truth to this image as it was not taken in an elevator.

ROFLMAO
  • Reply 15 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Looks like a phony mock-up. The screen looks like paper.

lol, phony mockup... pun intended?

But yes - definitely a fake.
  • Reply 16 of 47
    Yep! that's right, you heard it here first. Apple couldn't call it the iPhone, iMobile seems just a little to naff, iP is too much like the Wii. Conclusion, we're all gonna buy Apple Pi phones!

This little nugget was insider information, trust me, Apple Pi is going to be tasty.

Source: the voices in my head
  • Reply 17 of 47
    Perspective frack-up on this fake as well:

Got me there for a while though.....

• Reply 18 of 47
    sthiedesthiede Posts: 307member
    Quote:

Perspective frack-up on this fake as well:

Got me there for a while though.....

well the perspective is way off, but also the phone is in the wrong position; it is being used in the horozontal manor but is displayed verically, check out the video chat
  • Reply 19 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sthiede View Post

well the perspective is way off, but also the phone is in the wrong position; it is being used in the horozontal manor but is displayed verically, check out the video chat

this one is so ridiculous, it's not even funny...
  • Reply 20 of 47
    Quote:

Looks like it was taken by some low-quality mobile phone cam... looks a bit warped and stuff.

that pic is SO SOOOOO FAKE

i mean ANYONE can tell that this one is REAL!