Keynote Location Moved?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 42
    Couple notes, if you have bought one of the bigger MWSF packages, you get in first.

My favorite personal experience was showing up about 30 minutes before the keynote to pick up my badge. There was a line around Moscone, but the guards let me into the section for badge pickup. Right when I got my badge, the doors were opened and everybody started rushing in. I slid on in and got the best seat I ever had, including years I had the complete package.

Sweet.
  • Reply 22 of 42
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    All the many times you've been to a keynote.

Someday I might get to go to one...maybe.
  • Reply 23 of 42
    rolorolo Posts: 686member
    Once upon a time, many years ago when John Scully was CEO, I went to a Macword expo in DC and got to go to the keynote. Scully showed the Knowlege Navigator video. Marc Cantor, then CEO of MacroMind, came up on the stage and I got to ask both of them a question about 3D animation on the Mac. Smaller, more intimate crowd back then.
  • Reply 24 of 42
    Thanks for all your help guys. Do we know when we are allowed to get in line? Will people actually wait in the line overnight? Does anyone know the easiest way to get to Apple Computer (1 Infinite Loop) from the moscone area ? I am not 25, therefore would have trouble renting a car!
  • Reply 25 of 42
    carlcarl Posts: 17member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iJohnathan View Post

Thanks for all your help guys. Do we know when we are allowed to get in line? Will people actually wait in the line overnight? Does anyone know the easiest way to get to Apple Computer (1 Infinite Loop) from the moscone area ? I am not 25, therefore would have trouble renting a car!

Well one option is to email [email protected] They have a bus going down there on Monday from the city. Not sure what time it is going. Alternatively click on my name and private message me if you plan on being there on Monday. Myself and two other guys are going to be coming down from Sacramento airport to register first then head down to Cupertino to the company store. We will be returning to the city for dinner. Let me know.. Carl
  • Reply 26 of 42
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:

You need to take a train down to Cupertino

http://www.caltrain.com/

Caltrain offers a frequent schedule into the nearby station at 4th & Townsend Streets. All of these stations are within a few minutes' walk of The Moscone Center.

Go from Moscone to Caltrain 4th&Townsend.

Take Caltrain down to Santa Clara station.

From there find your way to 1 Infinite Loop, Cupertino

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...&2z=95014-2083

Good luck 8)
  • Reply 27 of 42
    Remember the MapQuest directions are for driving from the Santa Clara station to Infinite Loop. Walking you can take a more direct path. But it's like 4 miles or something. So taxi from Santa Clara Caltrain station would be best.

Others might suggest a better route for your "Pilgrimage" to the Holy iShrine.
  • Reply 28 of 42
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    The line will be outside to begin with, so there is no time that is too early. The closer to the front you are, the more likely you will be able to wait the last couple of hours inside on the soft carpet.

The Caltrain is great - highly recommended. The Moscone West is on Fourth Street, so it is a straight walk to the train station from there.
  • Reply 29 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lundy View Post

The line will be outside to begin with, so there is no time that is too early. The closer to the front you are, the more likely you will be able to wait the last couple of hours inside on the soft carpet.

The Caltrain is great - highly recommended. The Moscone West is on Fourth Street, so it is a straight walk to the train station from there.

Cool. For the dude though from Caltrain Santa Clara station to Infinito Loopo is quite a walk...!

I used to rent cars quite a bit when I was in California, I was like 21-23 or so...
  • Reply 30 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lundy View Post

The line will be outside to begin with, so there is no time that is too early. The closer to the front you are, the more likely you will be able to wait the last couple of hours inside on the soft carpet...

Heh. No sleep for hardcores. Show up at like midnight or 1am or something. Need to buddy-up though so that one can have toilet breaks. Or wear adult diapers or something 8)
  • Reply 31 of 42
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman View Post

Or wear adult diapers or something 8)

I've heard those are only meant for leakage and not all-out elimination.
  • Reply 32 of 42
    Get a "gentleman's companion."
  • Reply 33 of 42
    This looks like it could do teh job:

This is even better:

• Reply 34 of 42
    Well as of right now i am considering just hanging out in line overnight, I am traveling pretty far to partake in the madness and the last thing i need is to be stuck in an overflow room. Who thinks im crazy?
  • Reply 35 of 42
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:

Well as of right now i am considering just hanging out in line overnight, I am traveling pretty far to partake in the madness and the last thing i need is to be stuck in an overflow room. Who thinks im crazy?

Absolutely No One.

Sebastian
  • Reply 36 of 42
    You are not crazy. It may not turn out to have been necessary, but there is absolutely no way to know that until it is too late.

Back in the day when Johnny Carson hosted the Tonight Show, I saw it at NBC in Burbank 9 times. Each of those times I had to show up at 3:30 AM and the show did not let us in until 13 hours later. But since it was possible to wait say, 9 hours and still not get it, I was not willing to take any chances.

Go for the all-nighter. If there are minimal to no people in line ahead of you, you can guarantee that you will get in. However, I would advise - don't be the only person there at that time of night!! Wait somewhere safe until you see some people show up. I wish I knew where an all-night restaurant was that was within binocular distance of the West.

Do you have a hotel? Maybe you could keep watch out the window until 10 people show up. Bring binoculars.
  • Reply 37 of 42
    Heh. I think there's a Denny's around the corner or a few blocks around or something. Maybe hang there for some late night supper until 2 or 3am.
  • Reply 38 of 42
    carlcarl Posts: 17member
    I am wondering based on a couple facts.. first off that report of 28% increase in pre-registration.. the capacity of 6075 for that ball room.. the complaints I have heard from just about every "Press" member this year about Macworld cracking down on the number of press passes.

Based on all of these things.. I wonder if they are trying to make more room for fans and less press and VIP's this year? Sure would be nice. Would be nice if there were a webcam on that corner pointing at Moscone West to monitor the line from afar..
  • Reply 39 of 42
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman View Post

Heh. I think there's a Denny's around the corner or a few blocks around or something. Maybe hang there for some late night supper until 2 or 3am.

There is also an Ihops or whatever that restraunt is called and a Mel's Drive Through. I forgot about those...

Sebastian
  • Reply 40 of 42
    Interesting "Need-To-Know" Find i thought i would share with a couple of you.