Photos of Apple Booth Setup

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
From an italian site.. looks like a few covered banners there.. 8)

http://www.setteb.it/content/view/1422/2/

Found on Macsurfer

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    carlcarl Posts: 17member
    It looks quite apparent from these photos that the Apple Web site update showing the 30th anniversary theme was not just a new years thing,, it is all over the front of Moscone.. I am really starting to believe we might see a special 30th anniversary Mac..
  • Reply 2 of 18
    IT BETTER HAVE A FUCKING CONROE IN IT!!

Its Intel's best CPU and Apple's not even using it. They're missing out on about 70-80% of the market.
  • Reply 3 of 18
    rolorolo Posts: 686member
    Why would Apple come out with a 30th anniversary Mac on the 23rd anniversary of the Mac and 9 months after Apple's 30th anniversary? As for Conroe, it isn't Intel's best. Woodcrest is and it's in the Mac Pro.

Carl, thanks for posting the link. I think the Welcome to 2007 banners herald a new era for Apple.
  • Reply 4 of 18
    carlcarl Posts: 17member
    Actually the 20th Anniversary Mac was release to commemorate the 20th anniversary of Apple 1977-1997.. according to http://www.apple-history.com/?page=g...el=anniversary

Although officially produced in celebration of the Twentieth Anniversary of Apple, the 20th Anniversary Mac was released close to a year after the fact, in late Spring, 1997. And a truly unique Mac it was. The Motherboard was similar to that of the PowerMac 5500, and it was based on the same 603e processor, running at 250 MHz. The real innovation of the 20th Anniversary Mac was its unique shape, and advanced sound and video features. It came with an integrated TV/FM Radio System, an S-Video Input, and a custom sound system designed by Bose, with integrated stereo speakers, and a separate sub-woofer (it also included a 33.6Kbps GeoPort modem). The Twentieth Anniversary Mac was a limited edition, and sold for nearly $10,000. Its price was cut to as low as $1,999 and it was discontinued in March 1998.

It too was late.. this could commemorate Apples 30th anniversary. It should be noted the 20th anniversary model had a Bose sound system.. nice cary on to the multimedia theme of the new Apple focus .. and potentially the 30th anniversary Mac.. just throwing it out there since there are no really good rumors it seems..
  • Reply 5 of 18
    I was trying not to get too excited about Macworld this year but its starting to get pretty hard!
  • Reply 6 of 18
    macroninmacronin Posts: 1,174member
    So what are we thinking, 30" iMac with kick-ass surround sound speakers and integrated DVR, wireless Apple keyboard & wireless Mighty Mouse standard…?!?

Thirty inches of Apple flat-panel goodness to celebrate thirty years of Apple Computer…?!?

Maybe priced at a cool US$3K+tax…
  • Reply 7 of 18
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    30 " iMac Pro!!! Bring it on Apple
  • Reply 8 of 18
    b3ns0nb3ns0n Posts: 95member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Novaoblivion View Post

I was trying not to get too excited about Macworld this year but its starting to get pretty hard!

I get excited, but not that excited. Maybe you need a cold shower?

Quite frankly, I hope they don't release a 30th anniversary Mac. I want to see Apple do well, and make further inroads into the PC market. I don't see how spending time and money researching and developing something way over-and-above what anyone but an Apple enthusiast wants/requires (except for gamers, for whom the games aren't there, and they'd have to run it in Windows half the time anyway; something I'm sure SJ and co. don't desire) will help them achieve that. I'd rather they spent their money developing Leopard, vPod, iPhone, and maybe throwing out an iMac case redesign (the latter of which I see as more likely if they want to make a 30th anniversary celebratory gesture).
  • Reply 9 of 18
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Good reconnaissance (recon) pics. Cool 8)
  • Reply 10 of 18
    hobbithobbit Posts: 532member
    Did anyone else notice that the black-covered overhead banners are rather short in width this year? Is it just me or were overhead banners in recent years about twice as wide?

Perhaps there's only one product that gets hyped this year. Could be all about 'OS X 10.5' and that's that. With no new hardware.

Or perhaps one hardware device which embodies the culmination of Apple's 30 year warmup...
  • Reply 11 of 18
    an anniversary mac is so pre-jobs it isnt funny. no way is the current apple gonna fall for this trap. get your mind out of the 90's. the 20th anniversary mac was a horrible machine, horrible implementation and all around really dumb idea.

thank god those days are over.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    mmm maybe this "iTV" box is going to do for the home what the Apple did for the Personal Computer. With Hi Def TV's on the rise who needs a monitor. New easy interface - res independant - you can sit accross the room with wireless keyboard and do all your computer stuff - email - web surfing - itunes - front row (plus) - no viruses - easy to use (simplified basic os x system for newbies).

If you think about it they have tried with the mini to entice PC users but it isnt really doing as well as it should so maybe apple are targeting everyone else - like the iPod crowd.

Just my 2 cents.
  • Reply 13 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iggypopped View Post

an anniversary mac is so pre-jobs it isnt funny. no way is the current apple gonna fall for this trap. get your mind out of the 90's. the 20th anniversary mac was a horrible machine, horrible implementation and all around really dumb idea.

I like to think of it the same way I do expensive cars. You buy a Lamborghini/Bentley/Ferrari and you are virtually guaranteed to have pieces falling off in the interior and general reliability issues on top of the fact that there is a good chance that a $70k Corvette will own the car in virtually every area of performance. You buy the car for the experience and the name, everything else be damned.

The 20th Anniversary Macintosh was much the same. It had it's issues, but there was a real sense of occasion every time I saw it. The leather on the palm rest, the white glove delivery, the leather instruction manual, the soft touch plastics on the body, etc. The only computer anyone has made since then that felt anywhere close to that special is the G4 Cube. It wasn't the fastest or most capable, but who cares... it was/is special. I still regret that I didn't figure out a way to purchase one, but that would have taken a decade on my allowance at 14.
  • Reply 14 of 18
    A decade doesn't sound so bad for status!!! Call it a wise investment in your future.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

A decade doesn't sound so bad for status!!! Call it a wise investment in your future.

A Decade would mean the 40th Anniversery Mac

Sebastian
  • Reply 16 of 18
    Wow, I feel so close, but so far away.... I'm gonna go crazy
  • Reply 17 of 18
    zandroszandros Posts: 537member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rolo View Post

As for Conroe, it isn't Intel's best. Woodcrest is and it's in the Mac Pro.

I'd say the Montecito is Intel's best, but then I am an Itanium fanboy.
  • Reply 18 of 18
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Jeff View Post

Wow, I feel so close, but so far away.... I'm gonna go crazy

I hear ya brother, I hear ya. So many emotions all snowballing into a crazy, snowballing, well, snowball.

8) \