OK. WTF Here be Official MacWorld SF2007 Countdown Thread

Comments

• Reply 201 of 499
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iggypopped View Post

speak for your own wallet@! the worst they could do to me now would be a macbook thin, which i think would use the same 13" widescreen, why go down in size? just thin up the edge bezel, cut the weight in half, put in a 32gb flashHD, include a light and slow superdrive, double the battery, and charge $2000+ for it. the comprimises would be minimal, benefits obvious.

it wouldnt be an entry level product, i cant believe some people would actually think it'd be priced under a macbook. so rediculous. they dont know apple very well do they. apple likes full featured subnotebooks, that arent really subnotebooks. ie, apple doesnt make stripped down notebooks, period. aint gonna happen. never no way no how. it may be small and light, but it will also be full featured, or it wont exist at all. praise be jobs.

The worst they can do to me

Actually release an iPhone Tuesday instead of August or September

Release iWork 07, iLife 07, and Leopard on Tuesday (I am not prepared for Leopard, I was just going to grab the first 2 instead, then wait till April)

Release the iTV (OK, after some consideration, I want one)

Release the new iPod (AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH)

Sebastian
  • Reply 202 of 499
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman View Post

I won it !!!!! woooooooo000000000000ooooooooooooooooooooot !!!!1111111!!!!

man im happy for you really hope it checks out ok!
  • Reply 203 of 499
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

Release iWork 07, iLife 07, and Leopard on Tuesday (I am not prepared for Leopard, I was just going to grab the first 2 instead, then wait till April)

Sebastian

i have 3 automagic purchases coming up: iwork 07, leopard, and itv. i dont care what the release timeframes are.

leopard is the big must have. starting with panther they got my attention, the OS was really shaping up and had some nice features. but tiger was amazing. technically with leopard i was sold before they ever talked about it, because to me starting with tiger they had it figured out. i was there. they sold me. the hook was in my mouth.

i've actually grown to be a big iwork fan. iwork 06 pages is pretty hot. imo its leaps ahead of any document editor in the windoze world, and any improvements to it are must haves in my book.

these are apple taxes i'm happy to pay for at whatever frequency apple dictates.

iTV is something i want more than a shiny new ipod right now. i have a 1080p TV. my machines are wireless using an airport extreme hub. i buy itunes content. i really like front row. i have an audiophile quality home theater and audio system. streaming music from the computer to the stereo is something i'm already sold on. and i agree with the apple philosophy here: the computer is the media hub, the iTV is the receiver and rebroadcaster (unlike the flailing MS philosophy that the media center is your media hub). i would've preferred an airport AV (compact in the same sense), but if iTV is it i'll take it.

sum total of those 3 is about $500, and it is fair to assume they wont be ready on tuesday. but like i said i dont care when they happen, i'm buyin!
  • Reply 204 of 499
    Quote:

Sebastian

mmm.. i feel a "whats the worst Apple could do to your wallet" thread comming on

worst for me would be a 30th anniversary 30" iMac for the same price as the 24" that would be PAIN itself to ignore.. it WOULD be bought if it was a redesign with no chin...the money would just HAVE to leave the account if it was also Quadcore...

also an iPod Videophone...with mail,iChat etc. gah! too cruel

mm...i might have to go move some cash arround tomorrow ..just in case

--

PS.. glad you only had 6 days mate
  • Reply 205 of 499
    Yeah, but you forgot "1 More Thing...."

Introducing the iS***

Steve Jobs: I find Toilets too be too complicated, so I got my friend Jonathan Ive to make something simpler. He looked at me like I was insane, I fired him, and made it myself. It's a hole in the ground *silent audience* a hole in the ground *complete silence* A HOLE IN THE GROUND WITH APPLE'S PREMIUM PRICETAG *applause breaks out*

We think this is going to be a landmark product. But to give you a better understanding of how it works, I'd like to give you a demo to–

The Entire Audience: NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sebastian

If Steve says you need it, you need it
  • Reply 206 of 499
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iggypopped View Post

i left the fold for a few years. the classic OS -> OSX transition were dark days for me, lost in the windows wilderness. i assembled my own pc's, i saved little time or money doing it. no more. i have finally put my foot down and decided that as long as apple progresses this well from here on out, apple is the only brand of computer i buy from here on out. they've won me over by reaffirming the only road they'll take is the high road of quality.

i didnt follow quite the same path, but your sentiment is pretty much where my head is at.

WELCOME TO 2007 indeed!

oh and enjoy the macbook!
  • Reply 207 of 499
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trendannoyer View Post

mmm.. i feel a "whats the worst Apple could do to your wallet" thread comming on

worst for me would be a 30th anniversary 30" iMac for the same price as the 24" that would be PAIN itself to ignore.. it WOULD be bought if it was a redesign with no chin...the money would just HAVE to leave the account if it was also Quadcore...

also an iPod Videophone...with mail,iChat etc. gah! too cruel

mm...i might have to go move some cash arround tomorrow ..just in case

--

PS.. glad you only had 6 days mate

Yes an excellent Thread Idea, Somebody else will likely beat me to it if you don't post it though

I forgot about the possibility of a 30th Anniversery Mac, but I question whether this one exists.... I certainly hope not for my sanity's sake.

--

Ironically, in those 6 days, I started reconsidering the Macintosh as I slowly began to lose my mind (I was never good with Hospitals or being confined to a room) having just bought an HP. Probably my sanest Moment there because Macworld 06 had just passed and I was reading about it in a Newspaper I had brought in

Glad you're not in the Hospital anymore, I shouldn't complain about my own visits...

Sebastian
  • Reply 208 of 499
    Quote:

Yeah, but you forgot "1 More Thing...."

FUNNY!!

just as long as it isnt the iLEAVE

or if he does intro the iShi... maybe the iLEAF with free applecare WIPE coverage?
  • Reply 209 of 499
    Quote:

FUNNY!!

just as long as it isnt the iLEAVE

or if he does intro the iShi... maybe the iLEAF with free applecare WIPE coverage?

Yep

But the iLEAVE would suck....

At this rate we'll be on Page 7 before I get to sleep (I still need to do the Dishes and get up in about 3 and a half hours, Sleep Sucks -_- )

Sebastian
  • Reply 210 of 499
    Quote:

Yes an excellent Thread Idea, Somebody else will likely beat me to it if you don't post it though

I forgot about the possibility of a 30th Anniversery Mac, but I question whether this one exists.... I certainly hope not for my sanity's sake.

--

Ironically, in those 6 days, I started reconsidering the Macintosh as I slowly began to lose my mind (I was never good with Hospitals or being confined to a room) having just bought an HP. Probably my sanest Moment there because Macworld 06 had just passed and I was reading about it in a Newspaper I had brought in

Glad you're not in the Hospital anymore, I shouldn't complain about my own visits...

Sebastian

i dont know about a 30th anniversary mac either... but a 30"imac for the same price as the 24" would be more or less impossible to ignore for me.. despite having settled on the idea of a second mini (assuming Core2Duo upgrade)

--

hospitals are what you make of them, assuming your able, i was lucky enough to be able its amazing what you can cope with when you HAVE to, ive spent months and months in and out of them over the last 7 years, and i never ever thought id EVER need to.

there is the difference with long term wards like that as well, the staff know the strains it puts on the minds of patients short term wards are a bit different IMO.

Leukaemia (with chemos)

Blood clot (with warfarin treatment)

Transplant (with double pneumonia among other things like heat damage)

and ...one last thing (i hope) Rheumatoid Arthritis

all things i DONT want to see an '07 update to this year

right... back to te MADNESS!

i want iTV on tuesday, i wont be buying it, but i want it released! i want Ireland to buy it and then start posting about how to make it EVEN BETTER in 2008!

ps where is he?

pps i might start that thread if he's not about

W00T-age set to maximum!
  • Reply 211 of 499
    Quote:

Yep

But the iLEAVE would suck....

At this rate we'll be on Page 7 before I get to sleep (I still need to do the Dishes and get up in about 3 and a half hours, Sleep Sucks -_- )

Sebastian

you think is it the temp insanity? cos i didnt get to sleep till 5am!... up at 8... mind you i have no-one to blame for getting up at 8 except myself...

still

DAMN YOU MAC WORLD!!1!!!1
  • Reply 212 of 499
    Quote:

i dont know about a 30th anniversary mac either... but a 30"imac for the same price as the 24" would be more or less impossible to ignore for me.. despite having settled on the idea of a second mini (assuming Core2Duo upgrade)

--

hospitals are what you make of them, assuming your able, i was lucky enough to be able its amazing what you can cope with when you HAVE to, ive spent months and months in and out of them over the last 7 years, and i never ever thought id EVER need to.

there is the difference with long term wards like that as well, the staff know the strains it puts on the minds of patients short term wards are a bit different IMO.

Leukaemia (with chemos)

Blood clot (with warfarin treatment)

Transplant (with double pneumonia among other things like heat damage)

and ...one last thing (i hope) Rheumatoid Arthritis

all things i DONT want to see an '07 update to this year

right... back to te MADNESS!

i want iTV on tuesday, i wont be buying it, but i want it released! i want Ireland to buy it and then start posting about how to make it EVEN BETTER in 2008!

ps where is he?

pps i might start that thread if he's not about

W00T-age set to maximum!

I doubt a 30" will make an appearence, especially at the same price tag (that ironically the 30" ACD has)

I just read an Article on Body Enhancement in Wired... I was thinking about trying some of the ideas (Artificial Knuckles)

Ireland is probably offline and will return and waste his life here again sometime when he feels like it

Sebastian

I might start the thread after I post this
  • Reply 213 of 499
    Quote:

you think is it the temp insanity? cos i didnt get to sleep till 5am!... up at 8... mind you i have no-one to blame for getting up at 8 except myself...

still

DAMN YOU MAC WORLD!!1!!!1

Not temp insanity, at least not this kind.

I have volunteer work in the morning that technically I'm not signed up for, but I told my teacher I would go anyways, so I'm thinking if I am somehow not able to show up, and have a really good excuse (fell asleep on the train or something ) then it won't matter

Sebastian

Good to see you're on it

• Reply 214 of 499
    2 days and just shy of 3 hours!!!!!
  • Reply 215 of 499
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

2 days and just shy of 3 hours!!!!!

OMFG 2 DAYS 2 HOURS!
  • Reply 216 of 499
    Quote:

I doubt a 30" will make an appearence, especially at the same price tag (that ironically the 30" ACD has)

[max temp insanity]oh come ONNNNNNN you dont believe for one minute that APPL cant DEL-IVER on price a 30"iMAc is as good as CONFIRMED! [/max temp insanity]

Quote:

Ireland is probably offline and will return and waste his life here again sometime when he feels like it

wha..?? you mean ... all this {points all around at board, with a tear in both eyes} ... all this is... a waste of time?

SAY IT ISNT TRUE

i mean, cant i just say w00t even a little bit... just till suni turns up again to take over the w00tage?

sniff
  • Reply 217 of 499
    So just where are Ireland and Suni?

No woot is a good woot unless you have a timer and a wooter.

God I need some sleep! Finish the damn keynote already!
  • Reply 218 of 499
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member

• Reply 219 of 499
    Just so you know, there is another thread about those photos, but we like 'em, so they can stay!

WOOOOOT!
  • Reply 220 of 499
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    Well, I thought they could go in the official thread also.

Actually, I did not tsee the thread.