30th Anniversary Mac

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hey, it's temporary insanity afterall.

What are the chances of a 30th anniversary machine, and what featuires would you like to see on it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    • 60 inch touchscreen

• 16 cores

• 2TB HD array

• 2 of the fastest GPU's out there

• BlueRayDrive/recorder that also plays the other kind of hd-disc

• Built-in complete iTV functionality with hdtv recording and every necessary connector

• Reply 2 of 10
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    I couldn't care less, I would never be able to, or really need to, own it. If I was in a position to splash $30,000 on it I'd probably spend my tons of money instead to buy an Apple reseller chain in Australia...*

*So that I could play with every conceivable Apple product anytime I wanted to, for however long I wanted to...

Now that! is the ultimate 30th Anniversary Mac -- Not a piece of machine, it's the Total Apple Experience(TM). How many people can afford THAT?!!!
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Some other sites are beginning to toss the idea of a TAM. I get a feeling that something is coming, but that it will not be as over-priced as the 20th. It will be more mass-marketed and in the 5000 dollar range (as opposed to 10,000 for the 20th).

Possibly a notebook, and possibly the sub notebook that people are convince ain't coming.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dutch pear View Post

BlueRayDrive/recorder that also plays the other kind of hd-disc

the OTHER kind... yes ..lest we mention its name

TAM .. i like that

sub note book, i dont see it, but id LIKE to
  • Reply 5 of 10
    The 30th Anniversary Mac is actually a brain implant.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    It'll be a cube.

Apple store design is a cube.

You had the Next Cube.

30 has the number 3 in it, which represents cubic measurements.

The old cube failed because it was too expensive, that shouldn't be the case now. Damn nice looking machine the G4 cube was too.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

It'll be a cube.

30 has the number 3 in it, which represents cubic measurements.

and 6 is a factor of 30.... 30 has the number 3 in it... and three sixes are...

666!!!

Satan cometh in the form of the thirtieth anniversary mac!

/ends sarcastic representation that you can numbers can 'prove' anything

I actually do think that a cube would be the best guess at the form of a thirtieth anniversary mac, although as i stated in another topic, I don't think such extravagances are a good idea for Apple right now, whatever they have to celebrate; if they want to be around another thirty years they should just get on with their products that will win them market share.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by b3ns0n View Post

they should just get on with their products that will win them market share.

the only problem i seem to remember people having with the cube was its price, so a cheaper, easier upgradable, cube shaped mini ticks a few peoples boxes for an xMac
  • Reply 9 of 10
    b3ns0nb3ns0n Posts: 95member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trendannoyer View Post

the only problem i seem to remember people having with the cube was its price, so a cheaper, easier upgradable, cube shaped mini ticks a few peoples boxes for an xMac

For an xMac, something to which I am certainly not opposed, definitely. If an xMac was introduced as a permanent product as a way of marking Apple's 30th I'd be happier than anyone; however I don't feel Apple needs another elaborate "30th Anniversary Mac" in the same vein as the 20th anniversary model, that's what I meant
  • Reply 10 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by b3ns0n View Post

For an xMac, something to which I am certainly not opposed, definitely. If an xMac was introduced as a permanent product as a way of marking Apple's 30th I'd be happier than anyone; however I don't feel Apple needs another elaborate "30th Anniversary Mac" in the same vein as the 20th anniversary model, that's what I meant

agreed, but as the man says at the start of the thread.. it IS temporary insanity after all