New Macbook and Apple Cinema Display

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi everyone, I apologize if this has been asked before. I searched but couldn't find anything.

I'm ready to finally update my dying Powerbook, and am looking to get a new MacBook (still can't decide white or black, though). The vast majority of the time I use it will be at my desk so I want to get a nice monitor for it. I've checked the specs and it seems the Macbook is capable of driving a 23" Apple Cinema Display at native resolution.

My question is: has anyone tried this? That's a lot of pixels and I'm worried about it lagging or being choppy or something like that. If it can't quite handle it then I may as well go for the 20" instead, right? I've asked many times at my local Apple store but they're all convinced the Macbooks are bolted down and so I can't test it there in the store.

Thanks.

P.S. What's this I hear about iLife '07 coming out on Tuesday? I was going to buy it tomorrow, but should I wait an extra day?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Welcome to AI, an experience!

Wait until after Tuesday to make any moves at all; Apple is going to have a rather large announcement and it is anybody's guess as to what they will release. It could be a new computer, a phone, a sports car. One thing is certain, iLife is upgraded everry year at this event, so '07 iis most definitely coming out (www.amozon.com already has place holders for it).

Personally, I can't help you on the monitor issue at the moment, but I can try hooking my wife's MB up to my 20" monitor at home later tonight (in about 12 hours as I am in Japan). I'll get back to you on that.

What model is your PB? I have a 15" 1.5 GHz that is on its last legs (it has been put through a lot and held up well).
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I'd wait to buy, too since we're so close-- but it'll run a 23" without a hitch in its current version. It's the same as on my mini and it's great. Unless you're going to be heavily taxing things, it'll be fine.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    That saves me a few minutes (and crouching under my desk) tonight.

It's just until Tuesday.....
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Thanks for the help guys . I guess I'll wait to see what the announcements are. Woohoo, I'm so excited!

Oh, and my powerbook is a 1.0 Ghz TiBook.