Macworld: Teaser banners drape Macworld venue

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Attendees arriving early for this year's Macworld Expo won't find any concealed Apple banners flanking the entranceway to the Moscone Center, traditionally one of the conference's trademarks leading up to Steve Jobs' opening keynote.

Instead, Apple has adorned the venue with several variations of the same teaser image that appeared on its website last week: a radiant Apple logo set to the tagline, "The first 30 years were just the beginning. Welcome to 2007."

Of course, you will find some of those heavily shrouded banners suspended above Apple's booth in the South Hall. But it's growing clear that this year's expo may be more about a common message, ideal or strategy than any one product.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 36
    rolorolo Posts: 686member
    Hard to know what to make of it all.
  • Reply 2 of 36
    kreshkresh Posts: 379member
    Is it just me, or does this banner/placard sign looked like it's been stepped on, on the left side? The line spacing seems less on the left side than the right.

Maybe I am just seeing things.

• Reply 3 of 36
    bacillusbacillus Posts: 313member
    I?m wondering if we are seeing the new color scheme for Apple; with the dark purples and blacks ?!?! Perhaps the changes in iTunes is a harbinger of this new shift, as several others have suggested in the past few months.
  • Reply 4 of 36
    sthiedesthiede Posts: 307member
    um, i really just think that the apple teasers are just showing a new begining via a sunrise behind the apple. nothing more, nothing less
  • Reply 5 of 36
    Something big is afoot. Don't remember any MacWorld with this themeology about it, but I could be wrong.
  • Reply 6 of 36
    damoofdamoof Posts: 17member
    what's with the banner that says "See you in SF on the 14th through the 18th"? What's on the 14th? Cause Macworld is on the 9th?!
  • Reply 7 of 36
    damoofdamoof Posts: 17member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kresh View Post

Is it just me, or does this banner/placard sign looked like it's been stepped on, on the left side? The line spacing seems less on the left side than the right.

To me, the "F" in "Conference" looks higher than the other letters.
  • Reply 8 of 36
    In my currently sleep depleted state, that threw me as well. Those are the dates for 2008. Set your calendar... just 371 days to go! Woot!
  • Reply 9 of 36
    mrobmrob Posts: 13member
    It *could* simply be a poorly made sign.
  • Reply 10 of 36
    I think its actually just a taller letter

yes these are kind of bland but we dont normally get that great of hints from these banner shots so just be happy google is sponsoring macworld. btw didnt microsoft also sponsor this year?
  • Reply 11 of 36
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by damoof View Post

what's with the banner that says "See you in SF on the 14th through the 18th"? What's on the 14th? Cause Macworld is on the 9th?!

That's for MWSF 2008.
  • Reply 12 of 36
    that security guard in picture 3 is totally picking
  • Reply 13 of 36
    Apple plans to place a giant Apple logo into orbit in order to block out the sun. It's a lot like that episode of the Simpsons where Maggie shot Mr. Burns.
  • Reply 14 of 36
    what time is the keynote tomorrow?
  • Reply 15 of 36
    Quote:

You all do realize it's one of those signs with the movable letters, just a fancier version you'd find outside of your local dollar store?
  • Reply 16 of 36
    cato988cato988 Posts: 307member
    i love how we talk about the most random things on this site...

e.g. The lettering.

and good god i cant wait:-)
  • Reply 17 of 36
    Has anyone considered that the "Welcome to 2007" signs are just replacing drab, black covers that usually grace the entrance? Perhaps there are new product signs underneath at least some of these posters and when people leave the keynote, the "Welcome to 2007" signs will be removed, revealing the newly-announced products underneath them.

Just a thought.
  • Reply 18 of 36
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider

Of course, you will find some of those heavily shrouded banners suspended above Apple's booth in the South Hall.

And *that*'s the stuff we wanna get our dirty naughty little eyes and hands on...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider

But it's growing clear that this year's expo may be more about a common message, ideal or strategy than any one product.

Sure, there are so many product predictions it's all gone crazy. Thank goodness there will be a common message to make sense of it. And the blessed iLeader shall deliver this message from the iHeavens. Long may he reign so that our desperate need for *actual* shipping products and services and media shall be fulfilled, a cup ever overfloweth.
  • Reply 19 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kresh View Post

I was last as Moscone Center in 2002 working on an Oracle conference. For anyone that hasn't been there, for all the modern tech of San Francisco and the glorious Valley of Silicon, Moscone Center uses those dodgy letter-by-letter cards like those in really old baseball/ football stadiums.

That's no banner. That's why the words look all out of alignment. It's like single cards per word kinda lined up along the row. Maybe it's a retro thing...
  • Reply 20 of 36
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ScottNY View Post

Has anyone considered that the "Welcome to 2007" signs are just replacing drab, black covers that usually grace the entrance? Perhaps there are new product signs underneath at least some of these posters and when people leave the keynote, the "Welcome to 2007" signs will be removed, revealing the newly-announced products underneath them.

Just a thought.

Brilliant. Great Idea...!! You must be a magician. Have you seen The Prestige and The Illusionist...???

http://imdb.com/title/tt0443543/

http://imdb.com/title/tt0482571/

Also: As the bland banners are removed to reveal the products, the security guards will morph into these:

(Sounds like I'm sarcastic but really I'm not.)