Hi Steve!!!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
[temporary insanity]You know he's reading the rumor sites. How could he NOT be reading sites dedicated to the universe he created at a time like this....[/temporary insanity]



Just figured I'd say hi.
«1

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 22
    Tried this last year, too, in hopes that he might walk up on stage, smile and sy something like, "To all my friends out there, hi!".



    Hi, Steve! Look forward to a great year!



    WELCOME TO 2007.
  • Reply 2 of 22
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    He poked a little fun at us before at a keynote when he made that podcast. Not AI specifically, but us rumor sites in general.



    Anyways, a spirited "HI" from Ebby.
  • Reply 3 of 22
    Hi Steve---



    Its about time to put away the toys (Apple Proprietary gadgets and weird computer housings)

    and license out Apple to everyone so finally Apple can grow bigger, stronger and compete

    in big business as well as keep the stuff Mac does well with the arts and media.

    Nobody outside of owning a Mac (5-6% of the population) cares about the new fangled things

    that will work with the proprietary software. Please open it up to the world, license and prosper.
  • Reply 4 of 22
    Hi Steve !!!
  • Reply 5 of 22
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    A guy worth billions and with a family bothers reading this site? Never.
  • Reply 6 of 22
    A guy with his ego DOESN'T read a site dedicated to his creation??? Never!!!
  • Reply 7 of 22
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    he has me compiling all the good comments and suggestions. for 2006, this site = not much. sorry kids.



    but I can tell you this, although the iPhone is delayed a month, the iTV is ready, and its only slightly better than you thought. But the 'other' thing...whew.... wear Depends on Tuesday!!!
  • Reply 8 of 22
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Hi Steve



    Please go easy on my wallet, I'm rather near broke at the moment already



    Sebastian
  • Reply 9 of 22
    Dear Steve,



    I sincerely wish you all the best this year. I know you won't disappoint us..



    .. well, you've never disappointed me.



    Keep kicking ass, sweetie.



    Your Biggest Supporter,

    Ruthie







    *Let me have my fun, boys.*
  • Reply 10 of 22
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Hi Steve,



    With cool new products bring more people from darkness!



    Bring iTunes store to Singapore.



    iShan.

    Mac Convert since 2003
  • Reply 11 of 22
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    (double post)
  • Reply 12 of 22
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Hi Steve, I dreamt about you last night. (Really, I did...) You were walking into the side entrance of Moscone West and I was chilling there with some of the door staff who mysteriously happened to be some old schoolmates from high skool. You had pale-blonde-ish hair.
  • Reply 13 of 22
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fatcatdj View Post


    Hi Steve---



    Its about time to put away the toys (Apple Proprietary gadgets and weird computer housings)

    and license out Apple to everyone so finally Apple can grow bigger, stronger and compete

    in big business as well as keep the stuff Mac does well with the arts and media.

    Nobody outside of owning a Mac (5-6% of the population) cares about the new fangled things

    that will work with the proprietary software. Please open it up to the world, license and prosper.



    License and die in agony, like what almost happend 1997.

    No thanks.
  • Reply 14 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gar View Post


    License and die in agony, like what almost happend 1997.

    No thanks.









    that was when Apple was outdated, stogy, touted Clarisworks as their writing program, was going nowhere, the Mac in the classroom program failed to attract new, young buyers, etc.

    Now is the time to spread the wings and fly. Yesterday, a friend of mine who owns a $2700 Mac tower (bought it in 2005) wanted a external DVD burner, called me from her cell at COMP USA, told me that she couldnt find a Mac-compatible one and the clerk advised her to get it online either from Mac Mall or their website. Convenient isnt it? No way Jose! Thats why its important to open the OS to all mfgrs and keep the proprietary days behind.
  • Reply 15 of 22
    cdong4cdong4 Posts: 194member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fatcatdj View Post






    that was when Apple was outdated, stogy, touted Clarisworks as their writing program, was going nowhere, the Mac in the classroom program failed to attract new, young buyers, etc.

    Now is the time to spread the wings and fly. Yesterday, a friend of mine who owns a $2700 Mac tower (bought it in 2005) wanted a external DVD burner, called me from her cell at COMP USA, told me that she couldnt find a Mac-compatible one and the clerk advised her to get it online either from Mac Mall or their website. Convenient isnt it? No way Jose! Thats why its important to open the OS to all mfgrs and keep the proprietary days behind.



    ummm.... the OS is open to all manufacturers to develop for... they just need to develop. most drives probably work natively by this point, if not its really easy to buy an internal drive with an external enclosure that uses a chipset that is natively supported in OS X.
  • Reply 16 of 22
    cdong4cdong4 Posts: 194member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gar View Post


    License and die in agony, like what almost happend 1997.

    No thanks.



    exactly. there is a reason why OS X client hasn't required activation... you have to own a mac to run it (in theory), hence apple has made money somewhere along the lines of any given mac.



    hardware/software integration has always been one of the strongholds of Apple (and their smart choice to keep the OS to their machines only) and I see this becoming more prominent in the future when computer hardware and operating systems rapidly develop and change.



    first 30 years was really just the beginning.
  • Reply 17 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CDonG4 View Post


    its really easy to buy an internal drive with an external enclosure that uses a chipset that is natively supported in OS X.



    Well above the level of the pros at CompUSA! I have been in there before, and they really know nothing; the clerk I got probably had trouble with his shoes each morning.
  • Reply 18 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fatcatdj View Post






    that was when Apple was outdated, stogy, touted Clarisworks as their writing program, was going nowhere, the Mac in the classroom program failed to attract new, young buyers, etc.

    Now is the time to spread the wings and fly. Yesterday, a friend of mine who owns a $2700 Mac tower (bought it in 2005) wanted a external DVD burner, called me from her cell at COMP USA, told me that she couldnt find a Mac-compatible one and the clerk advised her to get it online either from Mac Mall or their website. Convenient isnt it? No way Jose! Thats why its important to open the OS to all mfgrs and keep the proprietary days behind.



    Umm isnt pretty much every thing La Cie os x compatible, and im guessing most firewire drives will be os x compatible to
  • Reply 19 of 22
    pbpb Posts: 4,248member
    Hi guys!
  • Reply 20 of 22
    Steve,



    Just remember to kick ass out there today. I know that you have a very grand vision of where the Mac is headed, and I think I have some simbilance as to where it is going. Please, keep trucking, keep your health up, and us Mac-heads will continue to support you on your plans for World Domination.



    Long Live the iSteve!!
Sign In or Register to comment.