Apple to blow us away?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
OK. 24 hours to go.

Lots of intense rumors floating around as well as some intensely sceptical folk sharing their views.

This was going to be a poll but my bad; it's a thread.

Do you think Apple is going to blos us away or create a sleeper like Bill Gates did last night?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    30th Anniversary.

If Apple doesnt unveil something ultra big (Yes, even bigger than iLife 07),

then that will be a huge anti-climax.

I know this is may be pushing it, but im really hoping for an xMac

Or a hardware update to the Mac Pro and/or iMac lines !
  • Reply 2 of 8
    drnatdrnat Posts: 142member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

OK. 24 hours to go.

Lots of intense rumors floating around as well as some intensely sceptical folk sharing their views.

This was going to be a poll but my bad; it's a thread.

Do you think Apple is going to blos us away or create a sleeper like Bill Gates did last night?

Bit of an anticlimax with some interesting anouncements but not all the stuff that has been rumoured here - Apple will hopefully announce more exciting things as the year unfolds....JMHO though
  • Reply 3 of 8
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Alhtough I don't know what is this about B. Gates, may I assume that you describe the two possible extremities for tomorrow? If yes, then I believe the truth is between the two. That is, a keynote like the others, good but nothing special.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Steve: Today, we are announcing immediate availability of iLife '07, which includes free ".mac by Google" and we have just one more thing... our brand spankin' new AppleSkype phone. BOOM!"
  • Reply 5 of 8
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    No matter what they announce, pre-announce, hint at, or otherwise *fail* to talk about, people will be pissed, disappointed, upset, and generally call for Steve's head on a platter, and state that Apple is doomed.

*THAT* is the one and only prediction you can count on, with MacWorlds.

Don't get your hopes up, don't expect the moon, don't listen to idiotic rumors. Just relax, and enjoy the ride.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    A better question is what do they need to announce tomarrow or within the next few months to keep their growth as strong as it has been for the previous 12-24 months. I would say that the most immediate thing that they need is more movie studios on iTMS, the iTV with enough features to interest consumers to spend the money on one which will drive more studios to deliver content through Apple. A phone would help, but I don't think it would hurt if it does not show as much as has been implied.

I think that the only things that will blow people away are devices which are neither rumored nor expected at the current time, or immediate shipping of OS X 10.5 and a total revamp of all their computers. Even then there will be people who are disapointed.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    I'm reminded of a couple of years back pre-macworld sf when apple posted the "to boldly go where no pc has gone before"...

Apparently some satellite from Nasa or something had a G3 in it so it was proposed that apple was going to announce some earth-wide satellite wireless access for every corner of the planet via a new ibook.

Not so much....anyway, history has repeatedly proven Apple's unique capability to NEVER match "blow us away" expectations and tomorrow will be no different.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    mimacmimac Posts: 872member
    Seems like quite a few round here are really wound up about MacWorld. For everyone who is p***ing their pants...

If you expect too much...