A little bird told me

Comments

• Reply 41 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mmcgann11 View Post

Since no little birds talk, I have to question the veracity of the original post. Now, had it been a large parrot, well, then I might be buying this AirPort Extreme Mark II Super thing.

I will too.

regarding the bird, well, size is always SOOO subjective.
  • Reply 42 of 377
    so if i assume the fruitful path is along software rather than hardware

are you meaning a new application? with COUNTING the numbers a major part of this app.. that belongs to a "family" like iLife?

or do i still not get to make jam?
  • Reply 43 of 377
    No of toes 4 - quad core iMacs?
  • Reply 44 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by European guy View Post

Ok, Ok...

Keywords :

n times.

Speed.

Number of toes on a fast bird.

Next of keen.

Float not fly.

View change.

Are we there yet ?

n is solved.

speed - processor upgrades of some sort

number of toes on a fast bird - ?

Next of kin - ?

Float not fly - ?

View change - Im going with new UI on this one.
  • Reply 45 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trendannoyer View Post

so if i assume the fruitful path is along software rather than hardware

are you meaning a new application? with COUNTING the numbers a major part of this app.. that belongs to a "family" like iLife?

or do i still not get to make jam?

You are far more creative than the riddle itself.

Let's stick to the facts :

1- The bird zooms by ( over the air!) and N times.

2- The bird has X toes.

3- The bird as a relative (son, grandmother, nephew...) that will "float", not "zoom"

4- My view will change as we progress...

oh..and he mentions "standard" too! Can't forget "standard". "Standard"
  • Reply 46 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cutemartin View Post

No of toes 4 - quad core iMacs?

You got the goalie out, no defenders, and still miss the strike ! Soccer fan , here !
  • Reply 47 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wondering View Post

n is solved.

speed - processor upgrades of some sort

number of toes on a fast bird - ?

Next of kin - ?

Float not fly - ?

View change - Im going with new UI on this one.

1. Yes, n is solved.

2. Sorry, no hints.

3 ?

4 ?
  • Reply 48 of 377
    Quote:

You are far more creative than the riddle itself.

Let's stick to the facts :

1- The bird zooms by ( over the air!) and N times.

2- The bird has X toes.

3- The bird as a relative (son, grandmother, nephew...) that will "float", not "zoom"

4- My view will change as we progress...

cheers... but i'm beat/give up need my bed too!

will be very interested to compare this to what is released tomorrow

absolutely the best and most inventive thread so far!

and thanks for sharing whatever info you have
  • Reply 49 of 377
    All the clues you give are from one bird - are all the desrciptions of the same bird (i.e. you are talking about 1 thing with many different charicteristics)?
  • Reply 50 of 377
    Quote:

You got the goalie out, no defenders, and still miss the strike ! Soccer fan , here !

Never was much good at footie, but hey Im english, what do you expect? Recent results against portugal suggest ill never get this one!

Maybe iMac 4th gen? all new design?
  • Reply 51 of 377
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    A fast bird has *8* toes total, not 4. Two new Intel Quad core chips would fit the bill. New Mac Pro might be a possibility.

A relative to the Mac Pro might be a peripheral. One that 'floats' would be small and light - a handheld sized unit maybe. Lack of iPod, etc, might mean instead an actual handheld Mac.

Or... a remote controller (ala VNC) that uses 802.11n for it's mojo. Think remote display for anywhere in the house. Keep a central mac 'server', access it anywhere with a thin/light display panel. Touchscreen maybe? This may also cover 'my view changes'... or that may be a hint at changes in display ratios.

Eh, just talkin' here...
  • Reply 52 of 377
    n times. -- 802.11 n

Speed. -- Mac Pros will get faster

Number of toes on a fast bird. -- 8 toes, if your talking about a Peregrine Falcon, then this refers to the 8 cores in the new Mac Pros, with dual quad core processors.

Next of kin. -- This is talking about the squential update to the Mac Pros over the current models

View change. -- I have absolutely no idea, but I bet it has something to do with the Graphics cards

Float not fly -- MP's are heavy. Deal with it.

well?
  • Reply 53 of 377
    No one has commented on my references to Apple Blimps as a communication platform.

You think it's a joke...

Wait 'til tomorrow...
  • Reply 54 of 377
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    I will see your rhyme and add to it a riddle of the past.....

For all the Old School Folks this one's for you!!

++++++++++

"A little bird told that Trinity shall return, after eating pie, more voluminous than a dolphin..."

"El Capitan's hamartia shall lead to Trinity's return and its rise to the throne, Its little brother shall rule in the great desert where the dolphins roam."

"The filling shall reveal a crust made from the Rosetta Stone."

"When the third sucessor of Artemis shall eat pie in the great desert, Artemis' twin shall rein with the agile Mercury and the obstinate Mercury before being eaten by the goldfish and this shall signal Trinity's return."
  • Reply 55 of 377
    ahh,.... good times, good times.

The one rumor I am wondering about is the led-based changing colors on the outside of a "device"... that one seems to have been forgotten lately.

Hope Springs eternal,

Mandricard

AppleOutsider
  • Reply 56 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post

A fast bird has *8* toes total, not 4. Two new Intel Quad core chips would fit the bill. New Mac Pro might be a possibility.

A relative to the Mac Pro might be a peripheral. One that 'floats' would be small and light - a handheld sized unit maybe. Lack of iPod, etc, might mean instead an actual handheld Mac.

Or... a remote controller (ala VNC) that uses 802.11n for it's mojo. Think remote display for anywhere in the house. Keep a central mac 'server', access it anywhere with a thin/light display panel. Touchscreen maybe? This may also cover 'my view changes'... or that may be a hint at changes in display ratios.

Eh, just talkin' here...

its the apple REMOTE!!! oh JOY OF JOYS!!
  • Reply 57 of 377
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    I for one welcome these old school riddles!!

I think that I shall go and make plastics whilst waiting for Steve to sprinkle apple goodness upon us!!!
  • Reply 58 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cutemartin View Post

Never was much good at footie, but hey Im english, what do you expect? Recent results against portugal suggest ill never get this one!

Maybe iMac 4th gen? all new design?

is this an answer ? Why ?
  • Reply 59 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FreeState View Post

All the clues you give are from one bird - are all the desrciptions of the same bird (i.e. you are talking about 1 thing with many different charicteristics)?

Sorry, no. I already said how many products they are.
  • Reply 60 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post

Eh, just talkin' here...

It's a pity you're just talking , Grasshopper, cause the path gains some light when you do...