iPhone WILL be announced!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I have a bit of insider information from a source at Apple Taiwan.

From what I know, Apple will be promoting the new phone (??? name not known) and a new iPod shuffle as well. The new shuffle is supposed to have upgraded battery life plus a new function called "cross-over computer software" (??? name not confirmed). Not too sure what this new function does.

I guarantee it. And I've already said too much. 8)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by J0415 View Post

I have a bit of insider information from a source at Apple Taiwan.

From what I know, Apple will be promoting the new phone (??? name not known) and a new iPod shuffle as well. The new shuffle is supposed to have upgraded battery life plus a new function called "cross-over computer software" (??? name not confirmed). Not too sure what this new function does.

I guarantee it. And I've already said too much. 8)

I too think Apple will announce a phone tomorrow, but if you wanted anyone to believe you I wouldn't have added that stuff about the shuffle to try to confuse us, cause it's just proved you're full of crap.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    Not trying to confuse you sorry. They are two separate things - iPhone and iPod shuffle update. That's all I could get from my source, but I am confident in its accuracy.

I added the iPod shuffle part because it seems like no one else here has word on it yet. Just informing those of you who are impatient for tomorrow's keynote =)
  • Reply 3 of 14
    Quote:

Not trying to confuse you sorry. They are two separate things - iPhone and iPod shuffle update. That's all I could get from my source, but I am confident in its accuracy.

Regardless of whether you're bullshitting of not, which I think you are, it wont change the fact of whether Apple releases the iPhone or not. In other words you can't come along and say; "see I told you my source was solid" if they release the phone. Let's wait and see. You're not getting credit for it.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Regardless of whether you're bullshitting of not, which I think you are, it wont change the fact of whether Apple releases the iPhone or not. In other words you can't come along and say; "see I told you my source was solid" if they release the phone. Let's wait and see. You're not getting credit for it.

Lets see if there is iPod shuffle update then. No one else has wrote of that. 8)
  • Reply 5 of 14
    Quote:

Lets see if there is iPod shuffle update then. No one else has wrote of that. 8)

Well if you want to prove that you're lying, ok then let's see.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Well if you want to prove that you're lying, ok then let's see.

We will see tomorrow then.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    pmjoepmjoe Posts: 565member
    Quote:

The new shuffle is supposed to have upgraded battery life plus a new function called "cross-over computer software" (??? name not confirmed). Not too sure what this new function does.

If there's new iPod software, I'd expect it to be for all the iPods. Something to specify which computer the iPod is supposed to sync with when connected to a networked device like the iTV maybe?
  • Reply 8 of 14
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:

The new shuffle is supposed to have upgraded battery life plus a new function called "cross-over computer software" (??? name not confirmed). Not too sure what this new function does.

Perhaps your source is thinking of Crossover which will be released at MWSF.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    I'm surprised the Apple store isn't down yet. It's 9:00 EST.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

I'm surprised the Apple store isn't down yet. It's 9:00 EST.

The keynote is in three hours.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    I know but it seems like in the past, the store will be down early in the day before the keynote.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    cato988cato988 Posts: 307member
    hmm...

im not going to bash him yet, and props if hes right because i REALLY want the new iphone BUT

seeing as how he is a new account, im going to assume that he has another account on the site but knew hed be completely bashed if he was wrong. Because of this he decided to create a new account, hince lack of confidence.

but it doesnt matter anyway because we will find out in like 2 hours
  • Reply 13 of 14
    WOW

WOW

WOW

All I can say is WOW

Forget the shuffle. This announcement blew everything away.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    I love the phone, but I'm totally perplexed why they are NOT doing 3G, especially since they aren't even releasing the damn thing for a god-godforsaken-long-6-months!!!

Like I'm going to want to fork over $600, a 2-year committment, and then 6 months later they release the 3G version of the iPhone???

I want it. Bad. But I think I'll hold out for the 3G version, which will probably come by x-mas cause I don't have *that* much money to throw around