Macworld Will Be A Complete Disapointment If Steve Does Not Announce ____!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
OK you doom sayers, and you know who you are, what product does Apple absolutely have to announce before you consider the keynote a success?

Hopes always get hight this time of your. But this time, the mainstream press is also in full Macworld speculation mode. No one keynote can hold all that people are expecting to see. IMO, some of the hoped for products are too big for Macworld. Something like the Apple phone will require a special event. Nobody is considering the likelihood of a special event for some of this stuff. But I know that if some things are not announced, people are going to be all in a twitter.

What is your must see product?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac Voyer View Post

OK you doom sayers, and you know who you are, what product does Apple absolutely have to announce before you consider the keynote a success?

Hopes always get hight this time of your. But this time, the mainstream press is also in full Macworld speculation mode. No one keynote can hold all that people are expecting to see. IMO, some of the hoped for products are too big for Macworld. Something like the Apple phone will require a special event. Nobody is considering the likelihood of a special event for some of this stuff. But I know that if some things are not announced, people are going to be all in a twitter.

What is your must see product?

iBrator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN1_1v7K25Q
  • Reply 2 of 15
    @homenow@homenow Posts: 998member
    I would say it would be a disaster if iTV were not announced, along with an expansion to the iTMS movie library.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    The general consensus seems to be that if we don't get a set-top media box, a cell phone, and a new UI for Leopard, there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth and teenagers threatening to sell their nonexistent Apple stock come tomorrow afternoon.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    gogdoggogdog Posts: 37member
    I NEED iTV. If its not available tomorrow, I want a date.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    If he doesnt atleast mention the "iphone" shit is going to hit the fan. This has been all over the news, analyist wire, and rumor sites.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    Actually the iPhone's potential (or, what analyst's think is the potential earnings) is already built into Apple's stock so no announcement means Apple's stock tanks more than usual.

This doesn't mean much except a bunch of stupid news stories.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    I think either the phone or the set-top box has to be available immediately. If the iTV is only announced but not ready and the phone is not mentioned, I will not be able to spin it as a success. I don't even think a true video iPod will save the keynote under those circumstances. I just have a bad feeling that all the cool stuff is not quite ready. I hope they have at least something I can rush out and buy right away. iL/iW 07, anyone?
  • Reply 8 of 15
    rongoldrongold Posts: 302member
    I just have to say that as long as Steve Jobs gives the keynote tomorrow, it will be a success, regardless of how many new products he announces. When he is up there working the floor, he takes great care in articulating what he wants people to take away from the event. He creates and builds the company while on stage. Sure there is time and energy behind the scenes put forth into Apple Computer but it is the carefully crafted image that he creates that really makes the company (and the keynote) a success.

Just look at what was released one year ago for MWSF — 2 updated computers and a new software package. THAT WAS IT. But I was not disappointed. And neither was the media (though I think the media was disappointed the year before).

Having said that, we will see more products this year than ever before. Partially because 2006 held such a drought in new things coming from the minds of Apple Computer, partially because Steve needs to distract us from the stock options issue, partially because of product development timing and product development life-cycles, partially because of... a whole bunch of other things I don't want to take the time to type out.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Betcha Steve mocks the iPhone. AND I bet there is no ApplePhone... also, whether you care or not, Leo Laporte sez "no Apple phone".
  • Reply 10 of 15
    rongoldrongold Posts: 302member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Betcha Steve mocks the iPhone. AND I bet there is no ApplePhone... also, whether you care or not, Leo Laporte sez "no Apple phone".

Really ? ! ? !

He GUARANTEED an Apple phone 2 weeks ago on his radio show. He has no idea what to think. He is just getting caught up in the rumors.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rongold View Post

Really ? ! ? !

He GUARANTEED an Apple phone 2 weeks ago on his radio show. He has no idea what to think. He is just getting caught up in the rumors.

Take it for whatever it's worth, but he says Apple "couldn't get the deal" to work with a carrier, Cingular, whatever.

I have strong doubts it's time for an ApplePhone. I'll be the first to admit I was wrong tomorrow if it appears.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    There will be no phone announced at Macworld. The notion is insane. First, we have no credible evidence that Apple is even working on such a product. If they are, we have no reason to believe they are anywhere near ready to launch.

Next, The event is too big for Macworld. Mention the iPhone and they just as well forget about anything else they had to announce because that is all anyone will take away. It is the 800 lb. gorilla. Apple would be announcing a totally new product category outside of their core competency. They will have to either get in bed with one of the big 4 carriers or become an MVNO. Either event would take an hour to talk about, and that would only scratch the surface. They will also be after a whole different market beyond the Mac faithful. It is unrealistic to believe that such an announcement will be done along side an iMovie update.

Think about it. If they had to do a special event, Showtime, to announce an iTunes update, a minor iPod rev, and a limited function set-top box several months before it was ready, then a cellphone will get it's own special event. An Apple phone will not even be mentioned tomorrow lest even the confirmation of the product overshadow what they unveil at the show.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac Voyer View Post

There will be no phone announced at Macworld. The notion is insane. First, we have no credible evidence that Apple is even working on such a product. If they are, we have no reason to believe they are anywhere near ready to launch.

Next, The event is too big for Macworld. Mention the iPhone and they just as well forget about anything else they had to announce because that is all anyone will take away. It is the 800 lb. gorilla. Apple would be announcing a totally new product category outside of their core competency. They will have to either get in bed with one of the big 4 carriers or become an MVNO. Either event would take an hour to talk about, and that would only scratch the surface. They will also be after a whole different market beyond the Mac faithful. It is unrealistic to believe that such an announcement will be done along side an iMovie update.

Think about it. If they had to do a special event, Showtime, to announce an iTunes update, a minor iPod rev, and a limited function set-top box several months before it was ready, then a cellphone will get it's own special event. An Apple phone will not even be mentioned tomorrow lest even the confirmation of the product overshadow what they unveil at the show.

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you outlined. Shaw Wu be damned!
  • Reply 14 of 15
    programmerprogrammer Posts: 3,458member
    Macworld Will Be A Complete Disapointment if Steve Does Not Announce that Apple is going out of business!
  • Reply 15 of 15
    Where were the software announcements? I really am disappointed that there is nothing new for me to go out and buy right now. What gives?