What didn't happen

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
iPhone:

no CDMA support

no two batteries

no zirconium body (what is it actually made out of, does it scratch like the 5G?)

Cinema Displays - with built in isight

Leopard Preview/Release

Widescreen iPod (at least how some people expected it - does anyone still expect a widescreen ipod with harddrive later on?)

What else didn't happen?

Not trying to focus on the negative, just trying to round up the false rumors.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 21
    No update to iLIFE/iWORK and no spreadsheet app. No new computer with Conroe (i was expecting one anyways).
  • Reply 2 of 21
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    No new SHIPPING products. The only thing available today is Paramount movies. Wow.
  • Reply 3 of 21
    rongoldrongold Posts: 302member
  • Reply 4 of 21
    So where the hell are iLife and iWork? Especially given the so-called Amazon cock-up that announced them both. Where are there Macworld Announcement 1 and 2s etc?

And, I haven't heard the keynote so maybe I've missed it, but Paramount's coming to iTunes. Ok - but any news as to when Europe and the rest of the world can expect movies on the iTunes Store. Especially given that that is one of the selling points of iPhone?
  • Reply 5 of 21
    Guess there is more to come. Maybe it was iPhone day. Apple TV had to be part of it since it was announced earlier.

From all the rumours and stuff iLife 07 and iWorks 07 (w/ spreadsheet) is coming. Probably all the software updates will come when Leopard is released.

I was hoping an announcement of the Beatles' catalogue on iTMS...they sure teased it.

Ultra Thin MacBook?

It's interesting to hear over 200 patents built into the iPhone and the fact that Mac OS X is in there. And the fact that Apple is Apple and not Apple Computer any more.

With touchscreen technology, iPhone obviously is a first major step into other areas...

I'm waiting for a stock split announcement too...

As it was stressed, this is only the beginning.
  • Reply 6 of 21
    ya..the expo isnt over hold ur pantees on...im sure itll be delivered sometime in the next week of the expo somehow..haha
  • Reply 7 of 21
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mpw_amherst View Post

So where the hell are iLife and iWork? Especially given the so-called Amazon cock-up that announced them both. Where are there Macworld Announcement 1 and 2s etc?

Maybe not keynote worthy and will just get a press release later this week?

Vinea
  • Reply 8 of 21
    csi95csi95 Posts: 38member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by katielied View Post

I'm waiting for a stock split announcement too...

Yes! That would be very nice as well. I believe the stock was around $88 last time they split. It's at $95 right now...
  • Reply 9 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mpw_amherst View Post

Read my post here:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...on#post1020445
  • Reply 11 of 21

Both of those lead to the same post. Did you have something else that you wanted to draw attention to because this one post doesn't address any of my predictions.

But this does (and it seemed so obvious to me):http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...hi#post1020440

Have to admit though, I was really shocked that Steve did not even mention OS X. My only misfire.
  • Reply 12 of 21
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rongold View Post

Both of those lead to the same post. Did you have something else that you wanted to draw attention to because this one post doesn't address any of my predictions.

But this does (and it seemed so obvious to me):http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...hi#post1020440

Have to admit though, I was really shocked that Steve did not even mention OS X. My only misfire.

Your only misfire because your predictions were so frickin' obvious...

No Aperture 2.0? Mac Mini not changing shape. C'mon. Why didn't you just flat out predict Steve Ballmer wouldn't show up on stage?

Then said 3 studios would join...and count Paramount as 3. Sheesh.

I predicted a couple things would be announced. Yup...check that.

I predicted other things wouldn't be announced. Yup...that too.

I figured some numbers would be thrown around about the iPod. Yup.

I predicted Mac OS X 10.7 will NOT be released. Check.

I also predicted some musician would play at the end of the keynote. Got that one.

5/5 100% accuracy.
  • Reply 13 of 21
    This keynote was ALL about iPhone. Jobs wanted as much attention on it as possible. He also said there will be a slew of new products in the coming months. I would predict (and hope for) a widescreen iPod 80Gb+ model in the same mold as the iPhone but without phone and camera.
  • Reply 14 of 21
    willrobwillrob Posts: 203member
    So far the iPod videos have not been Flash drive equiped, due to the need for larger storage demands. So a new larger format, higher capacity video ipod wouldn't have the thinness factor gong for it. But the chrome body would be a nice touch.
  • Reply 15 of 21
    What I was most disappointed with is that there was no Mac mini Core2Duo. I have an aging G4 mini that I got when they first launched, and it chokes too much on HD content, when hooked up to my HDTV, so I want to replace it, but I don't want to get the older Core Duo one.

I was also sort of hoping for a middle tier Mac to come out between the Mini & Mac Pro, as right now there's a HUGE gap between them, for someone who doesn't want an iMac with a built in screen.
  • Reply 16 of 21
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by HiVolt View Post

What I was most disappointed with is that there was no Mac mini Core2Duo. I have an aging G4 mini that I got when they first launched, and it chokes too much on HD content, when hooked up to my HDTV, so I want to replace it, but I don't want to get the older Core Duo one.

Probably waiting for Santa Rosa to do a new rev so they get the new mobile GMA. I'm waiting for the next mini as well but the current core duo is fine. 802.11 draft-N would be nice too to go with the aTV. I'll probably wait for the mini before I get the aTV and new airport.

Vinea
  • Reply 17 of 21
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by katielied View Post

It's interesting to hear over 200 patents built into the iPhone and the fact that Mac OS X is in there. And the fact that Apple is Apple and not Apple Computer any more.

Nitpick: They never *once* said that MacOS X was in there. They said OS X was in there. They were very precise on that point. Since MacOS X is the official name of the operating system on your Mac, and not OS X, this might be the start of a new era.

I suspect that OS X shares code with MacOS X, and that sometime soon we'll see OS X branded as a suite of OS technologies that are targeted at different devices. We will probably even see MacOS X become OS X for Macintosh, is my guess.
  • Reply 18 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kim kap sol View Post

Obvious is being the ONLY ONE to say there would not be a release of iLife and iWorks?

Obvious is being the ONLY ONE to explain why there would be an iPhone... without doubt?

Quote:

Then said 3 studios would join...and count Paramount as 3. Sheesh.

Paramount Pictures is a collection of 3 studios. I said three studios. 8)
  • Reply 19 of 21
    Quote:

*snap*
  • Reply 20 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vinea View Post

Probably waiting for Santa Rosa to do a new rev so they get the new mobile GMA. I'm waiting for the next mini as well but the current core duo is fine. 802.11 draft-N would be nice too to go with the aTV. I'll probably wait for the mini before I get the aTV and new airport.

Vinea

Ooh, when is that due out? I think I would definitely wait if the new chipset will have even slightly better graphics.

I hooked up my MacBook CoreDuo with GMA950 via DVI adapter to my TV, and it performed flawlessly at 1280x720p, front row didnt lag, i could play HD content with no issues, where the G4 lags quite a bit.