Is this the look of Leopard??

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Looking at the iPhone interface just got me wondering. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 40
    I hope so
  • Reply 2 of 40
    wircwirc Posts: 302member
    Probably. If the phone is to be launched after the release of Leopard, and this was Job's pet project for so long, then that will be it. Both the UI and the iPhone were probably next to each other in the OS X secret basement.

If there are no other hints at Leopard at the Apple Boot, then I suspect that there will be a Special Event in February or March to debut the product.

Is the purchase of Apple's new campus aimed at these expanding non-computer markets?
  • Reply 3 of 40
    Just thinking about Microsoft and Zune; I bet someone is banging their head repeatedly on a wall

This makes zune look like a cheap christmas cracker toy.

• Reply 4 of 40
    applepiapplepi Posts: 365member
    I don't know, is this Leopard it's running? They say it runs OS X but somehow I doubt it runs the full OS. It looks more like an OS X mobile version and they just decided not to put the word mobile behind it. The core of the OS is probably the same though.
  • Reply 5 of 40
    octaneoctane Posts: 157member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matracer View Post

Just thinking about Microsoft and Zune; I bet someone is banging their head repeatedly on a wall

I thought the 5G iPod did that already?
  • Reply 6 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matracer View Post

haha thats the funniest thing ive heard...just wait for leopard to actually come and then vista...wow will windows smack their heads again, first the consumers will let them know its a cheap mock up of the leopard, and then they will bash their heads in the walls again, by themselves lol
  • Reply 7 of 40
    mac_dollmac_doll Posts: 527member
    It sure would be fabulous if the interface of the iPhone foretells the sexiness of Leopard.
  • Reply 8 of 40
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ApplePi View Post

It looks more like an OS X mobile version and they just decided not to put the word mobile behind it.

Mobile or not, the iPhone technical specifications say OS X. So this must be a glimpse of Leopard.
  • Reply 9 of 40
    lionllionl Posts: 2member
    i know i´m going to be hated in here... but in my opinion, it looks kinda vista-ish... the transparent dark theme reminds me to aero... sorry...
  • Reply 10 of 40
    The fact that it just says OS X makes me think it resembles leopard in some way. It's kinda like how Apple TV only said 802.11.
  • Reply 11 of 40
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lionl View Post

i know i´m going to be hated in here... but in my opinion, it looks kinda vista-ish... the transparent dark theme reminds me to aero... sorry...

...which reminds us of OS X, Dashboard, Aqua, Dock, Spaces, Widgets, Terminal, Expose.
  • Reply 12 of 40
    octaneoctane Posts: 157member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lionl

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dstranathan View Post

...which reminds us of OS X, Dashboard, Aqua, Dock, Spaces, Widgets, Terminal, Expose.

it's so true
  • Reply 13 of 40
    june release = leopard integration

iwork+pdf attachment support to fill out the icons on iphone's home

and if steve ever reinvents the tablet, his os can do that

how long until we get photoshop on it lol
  • Reply 14 of 40
    iPhone has more of a Dashboard look than OS X. Its Dock is identical to the Widgets Dock.
  • Reply 15 of 40
    willrobwillrob Posts: 203member
    Remember that Leopard will enable us to create widgets from web pages. So I'm guessing the SIM card might hold more than simply a stock ticker and the weather.
  • Reply 16 of 40
    I wonder if we will see rubberband like scrolling in Leopard and multi touch on laptop trackpads. I liked the res-independent "pinch" zooming on safari. It would be cool to see this in Leopard.

Also thought the menus look a bit iTunes 7 with the colour scheme and noticed the button icons were very simplified.
  • Reply 17 of 40
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    an itunes 7 look throughout would be cool.
  • Reply 18 of 40
    -df-df Posts: 136member
    I seem to remember Steve mentioning that the iPhone uses Core Animation, which, if I'm not mistaken, is new to Leopard.
  • Reply 19 of 40
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by -dF View Post

I seem to remember Steve mentioning that the iPhone uses Core Animation, which, if I'm not mistaken, is new to Leopard.

Interesting. What kind of graphics processor this device has? Anyone knows?
  • Reply 20 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

Interesting. What kind of graphics processor this device has? Anyone knows?

Wasn't there rumors about a highly mobile nVidia graphics chipset? I bet it uses that. And I bet the 5 month wait isn't only because the iPhone needs FCC approval...I think the parts for this iPhone aren't available in sufficient quantities.