High-quality images of Apple's iPhone (hardware)

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
dude how do u type

Comments

• Reply 1 of 32
    It's the Gummi de Milo.
  • Reply 2 of 32
    banalltvbanalltv Posts: 238member
    Oh, yeah, I want one.

I dislike the clumsy, unwieldy feel of Motorola's Razr in my hand - purty and all as it looks - I feel safer holding it with one and dialling it or texting or whatever with the other, just from the pic on Apple's site I'm worried it might be a bit the same.

If I had one I was using as a phone to the extent and in the manner I use my current Nokia I think I'd feel safer with a cord around my wrist, as inelegant as that would be.

But woah, buddy, I still want one.
  • Reply 3 of 32
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wojciechowski View Post

It's the Gummi de Milo.

Hehehe.
  • Reply 4 of 32
    vinney57vinney57 Posts: 1,162member
    forget it...
  • Reply 5 of 32
    benjbenj Posts: 68member
    If ever something were to be described as sexy! I can't get onto the keynote though- "due to exceptional demand"
  • Reply 6 of 32
    wheres the camera lens?
  • Reply 7 of 32
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by theallseeingeye View Post

wheres the camera lens?

I think it is the black circle on the back side.

http://images.appleinsider.com/event...roto-mw-27.jpg
  • Reply 8 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I think it is the black circle on the back side.

so no flash, thats gonna suck. Even my SE W810i has a light to help in the dark, can't believe Apple missed that one...
  • Reply 9 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by theallseeingeye View Post

so no flash, thats gonna suck. Even my SE W810i has a light to help in the dark, can't believe Apple missed that one...

We'll see. Wouldn't surprise me if they have something integrated into that little lens via a 45 degree prism or the like. Remember, this is Steve's baby.
  • Reply 10 of 32
    AppleInsiderAppleInsider Posts: 63,192administrator
    This week's Macworld Expo in San Francisco is the only place you can catch a glimpse of Apple's new iPhone device, but plan to wait your turn in line.

There appear to be a whopping three iPhones on site -- two on the exhibition floor, and another in the hand of Apple chief executive Steve Jobs.

Those two units on the show floor can bee seen rotating slowly inside a plexiglas cylinder, which itself is propped about six feet off the ground by a similarly-shaped pedestal.

Crowds gathering around the two iPhones on display were five to seven people deep on Tuesday afternoon, as photographers and enthusiasts tried to snag some clean shots of the groundbreaking device to call their own.

AppleInsider is publishing two galleries: one focusing on the device's hardware aesthetic and another on its various software interfaces.

• Reply 11 of 32
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by c0bjasnak3 View Post

dude how do u type

touch screen
  • Reply 12 of 32
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Apple customers being what they are (neurotic whiners) I'm betting the class-action lawyers are already preparing their cases against the iPhone. The first time somebody reaches a wrong number they'll proclaim it a "design defect". And of course the first screen that gets a scratch on it will immediately spawn a website called "www.iPhonescratches.com" along with a petition asking for signatures in a class-action lawsuit. And the really big one, when they get their first bill from Cingular with all that web access time, they'll sue Apple for not having a warning label about running up their bills by surfing the net.
  • Reply 13 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fuyutsuki View Post

We'll see. Wouldn't surprise me if they have something integrated into that little lens via a 45 degree prism or the like. Remember, this is Steve's baby.

Maybe the Apple is the flash Nah...

• Reply 14 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by opuscroakus View Post

Maybe the Apple is the flash Nah...

That would be so hot...

I'm already drooling over the fact that the backside is brushed metal! Still trying to figure out why it's got a black butt...
  • Reply 15 of 32
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,759member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AeronPrometheus View Post

That would be so hot...

I'm already drooling over the fact that the backside is brushed metal! Still trying to figure out why it's got a black butt...

To let the radio signals out and in, I guess.
  • Reply 16 of 32
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    This phone looks crazy pimp but I still wish there was a flip version, maybe one day....

but I'll get this one most likely anyways.
  • Reply 17 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Apple customers being what they are (neurotic whiners) I'm betting the class-action lawyers are already preparing their cases against the iPhone. The first time somebody reaches a wrong number they'll proclaim it a "design defect". And of course the first screen that gets a scratch on it will immediately spawn a website called "www.iPhonescratches.com" along with a petition asking for signatures in a class-action lawsuit. And the really big one, when they get their first bill from Cingular with all that web access time, they'll sue Apple for not having a warning label about running up their bills by surfing the net.

Dang! You beat me to the reply. As I was looking at the touch screen, I too was thinking of those people who would file a lawsuit.
  • Reply 18 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Elijahg View Post

To let the radio signals out and in, I guess.

... and one could hope that it provided access to a user-replaceable battery.
  • Reply 19 of 32
    Oh, man, that's nice.
  • Reply 20 of 32
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member
    Okay, so this one's for Jonathan Ive and his team:

1- Why not getting rid of the chromey front edge and replace it with a glossy black? This way the front screen will melt into the edges. Contributing to a more wide (thus open) experience.

2- Why having this black chin on the back side of the phone? Why not having it all chrome?! Like you so beautifully did with the high end iPods. People could laser engrave anything on it, making this lust device even more personal!

This way, the phone would be more iPod and less Nokia.

By the way, apart from the Safari clone, I adore the GUI! Well done guys, and I hope to see the cover browser make its way to the music iPods!