IPHONE? My Palm Treo does it already !!

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
The I Phone looks good.

Apple has some good business partners with this project.

The I Phone will sell well.

The I Phone has some good new features.

BUT... HELLO... HELLO.... HELLO!!!!!

MY PALM TREO DOES IT ALL ALREADY !!!!!!!!!

And has done for years !!!!

I have a 4 Gb SD card in it and it is my mp3 player, computer, phone, camera........ etc..

Have some perspective on this new release from Apple. It ain't the technology jump I expected !

Thankyou

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    The same could be said about Windows vs. OS X. It's not just about functionality, it's about usability and seamless integration with other Apple products.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    This guy is a troll, chill.

The treo is a fine device, but I'd rather have an iphone. The iPhone is so damn cool. Yeah, it costs more: it's a luxury product. But you're right that the Treo is perfectly functional, and always has been.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tone the party pooper View Post

BUT... HELLO... HELLO.... HELLO!!!!!

MY PALM TREO DOES IT ALL ALREADY !!!!!!!!!

And has done for years !!!!

I have a 4 Gb SD card in it and it is my mp3 player, computer, phone, camera........ etc..

Have some perspective on this new release from Apple. It ain't the technology jump I expected !

Thankyou

So your Treo has done away with tiny buttons? It is motion sensitive? Has a movement sensing touch screen? Wide-screen? rotating screen orientation? Visual voice messaging?

Your Treo may have some of the same basic functionality, but as always, Apple does them better. And somethings, others are not doing.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Treo doesn't have A2DP while the iPhone does (at least that is according to a friend who is more in the know about A2DP than I). of course OSX vs Windows Mobile is an obvious difference, plus for Mac users having a better sync option is nice.

All that said, I believe the interface may be superior as well. I say "may be" because I obviously haven't got my grubby fingers on the iPhone yet, but the interface looks promising.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post

So your Treo has done away with tiny buttons? It is motion sensitive? Has a movement sensing touch screen? Wide-screen? rotating screen orientation? Visual voice messaging?

Your Treo may have some of the same basic functionality, but as always, Apple does them better. And somethings, others are not doing.

Please.....

Touch screen - Palm has it for years !

Visual Voice messaging - palm has had it for years !

Rotating screen - Palm doesn't need it with a super crisp square screen - it views web pages just fine !

Motion Sensitive - No palm doesn't have such gimmicks - you got me on that one.

This debate is done and dusted !
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Quote:

You're right. Let's go ahead and close this thread now.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    See, here's the thing that geeks and enthusiasts often miss: the interface is the product.

Of course there are, and have been, hand held appliances that can access the internet, play music, get maps, stocks and weather reports, make phone calls, etc.

But there has never been anything remotely like the iPhone. I've been reading forums where the phrase "sure, it's pretty, but my X device can...." is used over and over again, as if "pretty" were the word to dismiss what the iPhone is doing.

But the combination of slick graphics, gestural touch input, contextual control surfaces and how they all interact is way more than pretty. It completely changes the way we think about interacting with a small device.

Saying that your handheld "already does that" is like bragging that the command line gives you all the functionality of OS X. True, but completely irrelevant.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Rotating screen - Palm doesn't need it with a super crisp square screen - it views web pages just fine !

This line alone should be enough clue as to the purpose of this poster. (I actually laughed)
  • Reply 9 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Saying that your handheld "already does that" is like bragging that the command line gives you all the functionality of OS X. True, but completely irrelevant.

Well said.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Quote:

Please.....

Touch screen - Palm has it for years !

Visual Voice messaging - palm has had it for years !

Motion Sensitive - No palm doesn't have such gimmicks - you got me on that one.

I love when troll with low IQ's come by.

Touch screen? I am glad you Treo has decades old technology. Movement sensitive touch screen is a completely different beast.

Visual Voice messaging? Had it for years? Please prove this.

You seem facinated by poor implementations and have a sad need to justify your satisfaction with the mundane. Of course visionaries like you also said the same thing about the iPod. I suppose you are still justifying your Rio.