My New17" iMac is on its way HA,HA,HA

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 49
    awalawal Posts: 66member
    [quote]Originally posted by Big D:

<strong>A@ron, I don't know what my Superdrive is yet.

.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Just a thought- if you have Toast software it will tell you at the bottom of the window what burner is available. I had a desktop picture that i would've put here but as you can see i'm new to this...
  • Reply 42 of 49
    Big D, could you please post some Xbench results? I'm thinking about one of these babies.
  • Reply 43 of 49
    Mine went to Indianapolis also, but the next day it was in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
  • Reply 44 of 49
    Bioflavonoid

I would like to refer you to my fellow Iowan A@ron, if he wouldn't mind. As well as my other friends in the chat forum who could be more helpful with specific Xbench results.

Sorry for my lack of technical perception.
  • Reply 45 of 49
    a@rona@ron Posts: 201member
    [quote]Originally posted by Big D:

<strong>Bioflavonoid

I would like to refer you to my fellow Iowan A@ron, if he wouldn't mind. As well as my other friends in the chat forum who could be more helpful with specific Xbench results.

Sorry for my lack of technical perception.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Just be sure to realize that the iMac for its most part is as upgradable as a laptop but not as portable as one. That is the only reason I am partial to the Powermacs. Once the iMac is outdated you have an old machine tied to its monitor, at least with the Powermac you can use the monitor with another/your next computer. For instance, you can still see upgraded B&W G3s hold their own on new operating systems and such. However, you dont see too many origional iMac G3s running processor intensive games (programs) or used for much more then email. If all you need it for is email and general web surfing buy the iMac. If you are going to play games and intend on doing so in a year or so as well as video editing you really need the Powermac with dual processors. Just my oppinion/personal experiance since I have a G3 iMac paper weight.

A@ron
  • Reply 46 of 49
    my iMac is in Boston now, hopefully I can get it tommorow. I'm so excited, I could just pee!

I ordered a 4 pack of DVD-R 4x media that shipped two days earlier from Sacramento (the iMac shipped from Taiwan) and I'll be getting the computer before the media

Also looks as if I'll be getting my 512MB soDIMM on Monday too. Yay.
  • Reply 47 of 49
    a@rona@ron Posts: 201member
    [quote]Originally posted by Andor:

<strong>my iMac is in Boston now, hopefully I can get it tommorow. I'm so excited, I could just pee!

I ordered a 4 pack of DVD-R 4x media that shipped two days earlier from Sacramento (the iMac shipped from Taiwan) and I'll be getting the computer before the media

Also looks as if I'll be getting my 512MB soDIMM on Monday too. Yay.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Don't buy apple media if you don't need to it has become fairly overpriced. I purchased a 10 pack of 4X RITEK DVD-Rs from <a href="http://www.yesbuy.net"; target="_blank">YesBuy</a> for $26 the apple branded 4X were $20 I believe so you paid double. In addition yesbuy has 2X and 1X DVD-Rs for on or around a dollar a piece. I like RITEK media because they are dark purple and work for everything I've thrown at them. I've also read they work excellent for PS2 backups but I don't even own a PS2 so I would not know. YesBuys shipping can be a little expensive but the money you save vs. Apple is well worth it (that and the dvd plastic cases are sweet I ordered 50)

A@ron

-------------------------------

Just realized that I spend way too much time on these forums.
  • Reply 48 of 49
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by Ben_K:

<strong>

I need to ask - how do you know it's useless? I got bluetooth in my Mac - so did I get it because it's useless?

No - I got it so I can iSync with my bluetooth phone.

Ben</strong><hr></blockquote>

#1 useless and not necessary do not mean the same thing.

#2 I am NOT talking about Bluetooth, I am talking about the internal adapter instead of the external adapter...

Why pay $50 for something you are stuck using with only one computer when you can get an external one for the same price--especially since 95% of the other computers out there DO NOT have that feature built-in?

if there was a cost savings it would be a different story... and even then only to a point... bluetooth is very cheap and does not cost $50... MAYBE $10...

and notice this only applies to desktop machines... I don't want a little dongle on my PB either... but as of right now, unless I buy a brand new computer that is my only option...
  • Reply 49 of 49
    Mine came in 30 mins ago... installing software and stuff as we speak

I love it already, but I wish the extra ram I ordered came the same day as the machine....