I guess the iBook800 can't really hang afterall...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    paispais Posts: 34member
    [quote]Originally posted by Matsu:

<strong>I don't think you can argue that the libretto is very useable.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sure I can. I used one daily for 1.5 years.

To continue straying off topic, I'm just picking nits over terminology. I just think calling the 12" PowerBook a subnotebook implies that it's made significant sacrifices to achieve its form factor. In my opinion, this isn't the case.

Back to the topic, I don't think the iBook 800 compares to the 12" at all. One is an iBook, and the other clearly deserves the PowerBook moniker.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    [quote]Originally posted by ryukyu:

<strong>How do you guys that have the 12" screens feel about the size of the display, either on the iBook or the Powerbook?

If you're using it as your main computer, do you like the size or do you feel that it would be better to connect to a larger display when possible?

Just wondering......

</strong><hr></blockquote>

i've never had a problem with it, but I've been using notebooks as my primary computer for years, so I guess I'm used to it. Although recently there have been times when I wanted to have an external display (having 15 BBEdit documents at a time to figure where the fvck I screwed my site takes its toll....). I'm totally fine with it nearly all of time.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    [quote]Originally posted by torifile:

<strong>

i've never had a problem with it, but I've been using notebooks as my primary computer for years, so I guess I'm used to it. Although recently there have been times when I wanted to have an external display (having 15 BBEdit documents at a time to figure where the fvck I screwed my site takes its toll....). I'm totally fine with it nearly all of time.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I've come to the same conclusion from a different perspective.

My primary computer has always been a desktop. I was afraid that going back to 1024 x 768 on a 12" screen would be painful, but so far, I don't even notice. (To be fair, I still do most of my work on a desktop machine.)
  • Reply 24 of 25
    [quote]Originally posted by ryukyu:

<strong>How do you guys that have the 12" screens feel about the size of the display, either on the iBook or the Powerbook?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Not sure what you are asking. I actually bought the 12" iBook instead of the 15" TiB because of the size. To me the 12" is soooo sweet. Perfect for a laptop you carry around. I loved it, everything was perfect except the speed. It was the first iBook, the 500 MHz ones. It was slow.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Why do you have to make compromises to be a sub? Size is all that matters. And the PBG4 12" is damn small. And you know what they say about the size of a man's PowerBook... *hat off to MacAddict*