When the iPhone comes to Canada...

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Well, I don't know when this is going to happen...

But when the iPhone does come to Canada it will be offered through Rogers Wireless. Only Rogers and Fido are GSM providers in Canada -- so all of you Bell and Telus customers are SOL. And although Rogers does own Fido, I don't imagine that the iPhone will grace Fido (at least not at the beginning) -- Rogers will want it all for themselves!

This is, of course, simply opinion. But I'm happy to hold it, being a very happy Rogers customer of four years.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Yeah i am really disappointed about the lack of a PCS version of the iPhone, my hopes is that Apple will eventually decide to make a PCS version of it otherwise i am going to be looking to get the fuck out of my Smellus contract
  • Reply 2 of 3
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by indiemike View Post

Yeah i am really disappointed about the lack of a PCS version of the iPhone, my hopes is that Apple will eventually decide to make a PCS version of it otherwise i am going to be looking to get the fuck out of my Smellus contract

Most of the world uses GSM. I think there is very little incentive for Apple to do anything else other than a GSM phone. Apple is not Nokia; and they will likely only have a couple of phones: why waste their time developing for a very limited market that has no real up-side?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Rogers has announced that they intend to get the iPhone.

We'll see a 3G/CDMA version alongside a 3G/GSM Rev. B as the Japanese market does not use GSM in any form and as such will virtually require 3G/CDMA as will South Korea to some extent. Both markets are big, and the Japanese like Apple.

Presumably the 3G/CDMA version will then get back to the parts of the world using CDMA.