"See You Soon"

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I enjoyed the keynote, but had hopped for a more in depth lepoard preview... Some more focus on the Mac would have been great too... But at the end of the keynote SJ said, "See you soon..." Do you think he was just saying that to the 4000 in attendance as in "See you on the floor?" Or, is a special event coming?

I sure hope so!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    idk but i dont think the show is over..i think he has "just one more thing.." to show us...and that will probably be the leopard date..

im guessing he is waiting for vista to ship out so no more ideas are "stolen" haha...then he will announce it without any leaks....apple is very sneaky and good at keeping its confidential information..well confidential
  • Reply 2 of 17
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    "See you soon" is official Steve speak for "we have a special event coming up". No doubt about it.

I'm guessing mid March, Leopard preview with ship date announced, refreshed iMacs.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    i hope so as well, hence apart from Apple TV there is no Mac related news...

Leopard release date and one pumped up Mac will come soon ...
  • Reply 4 of 17
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Steve said "See You Soon" after last year's MWSF keynote as well. Apple has two major conferences and seems to squeeze out one or two press gatherings per year so we'll probably See (actually hear most likely) more announcements from Apple before WWDC.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    ya but WWDC will most likely be in august again and the phone will already be out by then, haha and im sure we will know everything the phone can do before WWDC if the phones out...
  • Reply 6 of 17
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    In many ways it would have made a lot more sense for him to preview Leopard and the usual new iDVD themes ("boom," "boom") and the new iWork and iWeb at MacWorld, and then had a special event for this phone in a month or two.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

In many ways it would have made a lot more sense for him to preview Leopard and the usual new iDVD themes ("boom," "boom") and the new iWork and iWeb at MacWorld, and then had a special event for this phone in a month or two.

I agree... but wall street would have had apple's heads on a silver plater. Unfortunate but true.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Not to mention that they want to ensure they get that sweet, sweet FCC licensing out of the way in a timely manner, and *that* requires public filing. Now, they can file ASAP to work out any kinks between now and June. Waiting a month would have conceivably pinched their schedule.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    What do you mean by FCC licensing requires public filing? (I'm unfamiliar with the whole approval process)
  • Reply 10 of 17
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    I'm guessing a special event showing off Leopard and new Macs just in time for Vista's coming out party.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    haha would be pretty funny if steve makes the announcement the same day vista is released and everyone flocks to buy the leopard and leaves vista in the dust, which will most likely happen now or later anyways haha
  • Reply 12 of 17
    i think that there is alot of potential for another Mac event verry soon. there are alot of things that have to be shown between now and the next schedueled event. I am new to the mac world so i think its like between sept - nov anways. they will sometime have to give updates for leopard, iWork and iLike 07 and maybe even a couple updated computer.. pray for a new iMac
  • Reply 13 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ebaydan777 View Post

im guessing he is waiting for vista to ship out so no more ideas are "stolen" haha..

ya, haha except Vista is already in GM.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    doesnt matter...the more information steve gives out the more gates pees his pants in astonishment and decides to copycat him now that he knows mac shit is better than windows shit....im gonna assume a leopard release date by the end of the month or sometime in feb
  • Reply 15 of 17
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    Quote:

doesnt matter...the more information steve gives out the more gates pees his pants in astonishment and decides to copycat him now that he knows mac shit is better than windows shit....im gonna assume a leopard release date by the end of the month or sometime in feb

I think gates knows more than the regular schmuck. however, with Vista, Office 2007 and all the Sharepoint and Developer tools, Microsoft is extremely strong with much better software than any other time in its history. yeah, I'm a Mac fan too, but don't discount some extremely powerful enterprise apps that just came out in 2007 from MS. Apple has ZIP in comparison. Diddly. Nada.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    Quote:

Believe me when I say leopard is far from finished. I"m starting to raise an eyebrow at even an april release. The last seed was so buggy. Hopefully we'll be good to go with the next seed.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sandau View Post

I think gates knows more than the regular schmuck. however, with Vista, Office 2007 and all the Sharepoint and Developer tools, Microsoft is extremely strong with much better software than any other time in its history. yeah, I'm a Mac fan too, but don't discount some extremely powerful enterprise apps that just came out in 2007 from MS. Apple has ZIP in comparison. Diddly. Nada.

Yet, people (or kids?! ) here and elsewhere are always ready to discount VIsta as junk without second thought, although things are not that simple. I watched recently a video (it was perhaps on youtube, I don't remember) showing the blatant similarities between OS X and Vista. MS learned a lesson from '95 and I hope Apple took notice.