NOW till ...... WWDC 2007

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
i noticed few things after watching Keynote few times, first few mins and last mins is important, steve told us " 2007 is great year for Mac" (not apple) today we are going to move on, ie it is not about mac today which is iPhone, coming several months we are going to release great products ... and the last minute "See you soon" ... thats give lots of hints ...

do not think Leopard going to wait until WWDC ...

Let us not very hard on apple and its staff (let them be with their family more often ), not very hard on stocks, let our rumors be within limitations ...

are we going to see some new products before WWDC?

i am thinking of some weird product

iSlate (you know the slate we used in Kinder Garden, atleast in my third world country)

iSlate

-------------

10/13.3" 1280 x 800

16/32GB Flash Drive

Ultra Low Voltage CPU

Multi touch screen

Intelligent keyboard, same like iPhone keyboard and its goes off/on

includes all the features like iPhone, but good battery life and big screen

Lightweight (no dvd writer/no hdd/no big battery pack)

$1499

i know it is weird ... excuse me if this discussed before, i guess Multi touch is a game changin technology if implemented with perfection

it is not tablet, next form of tablet

back to normal, atleast Leopard will be released before WWDC, with a count down towards April/May time frame...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shanmugam View Post

i noticed few things after watching Keynote few times, first few mins and last mins is important, steve told us " 2007 is great year for Mac" (not apple) today we are going to move on, ie it is not about mac today which is iPhone, coming several months we are going to release great products ... and the last minute "See you soon" ... thats give lots of hints ...

do not think Leopard going to wait until WWDC ...

No, Leopard will be released in April at the latest IMO. The reason? Vista. The Zune, then boom the iPhone. Vista, then boom Loepard.
  • Reply 2 of 18
    mwswamimwswami Posts: 166member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shanmugam View Post

iSlate

-------------

10/13.3" 1280 x 800

16/32GB Flash Drive

Ultra Low Voltage CPU

Multi touch screen

Intelligent keyboard, same like iPhone keyboard and its goes off/on

includes all the features like iPhone, but good battery life and big screen

Lightweight (no dvd writer/no hdd/no big battery pack)

$1499

I like what you said but would also like to see:

full Mac OS X

dock for charging and occasional use as a desktop with wireless keyboard/mouse

wireless USB for peripherals

no more than 1/2 inch thick, no more than 3 lbs

But maybe we are talking two different products - one with Mac OS X Lite, and the other a "full" Mac.
  • Reply 3 of 18
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    'We will release great products' and 'see you soon' is almost said at every keynote.

When they have the Q107 conference call they will probably say that they are very excited by the products they have in their pipeline.
  • Reply 4 of 18
    ya no way it will be on in spring latest....wwdc is usually in august...by then even the iphone will be out...there will be a press release in the next few weeks on mac products and leopard im sure
  • Reply 5 of 18
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    well,

my guesses

•Feb-march MacPro octo-core

•processor macbook and macbook pro updates. no big deal

now the question is if at WWDC the MacPro will sport a new redesign case and I think new displays will be there as well. A larger then 40" Cinema Display might finally come up. Also at WWDC updates for Final Cut, DVD studio pro and Motion as well as the audio apps.

•Leopard, I would say April

•maybe the widescreen ipod at the same time. if not, then in October.
  • Reply 6 of 18
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JLL View Post

'We will release great products' and 'see you soon' is almost said at every keynote.

When they have the Q107 conference call they will probably say that they are very excited by the products they have in their pipeline.

true, the reason this is highlighter there were no mac announced in MSWF except AppleTV which was announced last year and shipping this feb.

not a single word about Leopard so something really coming;

if not until we have wait until WWDC which is loooong time away from now ...
  • Reply 7 of 18
    mgkwhomgkwho Posts: 167member
    No way everyone- mac mini is definitely next in line to be refreshed.

MacPro won't see a refresh until at least NAB.

Given Apple's history of releasing macs, there will likely be some announcement within the next 6 weeks.

Mac mini will get a total redesign!!

Oh, and shanmugam, you sound like you used to write for MacOSRumors.

-=|Mgkwho
  • Reply 8 of 18
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    WWDC.. put the emphasis on the D.

The developers will develop for 2 things, Hardware and Software.

I still don't believe Apple will keep the iPhone as a close platform.

Anyhoo, Leopard will be out in April

Maybe everyone will get their Octo Core Mac Pro at WWDC.

As for the Mini, I think they might discontinue it. It's the only Mac without a Core 2 Duo chip, it's either being killed off or redesigned.

Sebastian
  • Reply 9 of 18
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    guys octo-core chips are already here(shipping). I can't see Apple waiting another 5 to 6 months to release a MacPro with it.

It must be coming before that. I would say March by the latest.

I agree WWDC is the place for professional stuff. But lately Apple is not holding for that anymore. Anytime a special event can come up and then a new product or upgrade is here. Long gone are the days that only MWSF, WWDC and Paris Expo are the places for new stuff.
  • Reply 10 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gugy View Post

guys octo-core chips are already here(shipping). I can't see Apple waiting another 5 to 6 months to release a MacPro with it.

It must be coming before that. I would say March by the latest.

I agree WWDC is the place for professional stuff. But lately Apple is not holding for that anymore. Anytime a special event can come up and then a new product or upgrade is here. Long gone are the days that only MWSF, WWDC and Paris Expo are the places for new stuff.

They might wait for Tigerton, which will be the real quad-core chips. Currently shipping chips are pretty much just two dual core chips jammed into one slot.
  • Reply 11 of 18
    Whenever Steve Jobs has said "see you soon", he means within 31 days from tomorrow.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    drnatdrnat Posts: 142member
    Excuse my ignorance, but when is WWDC?

Thanks
  • Reply 13 of 18
    mwswamimwswami Posts: 166member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drnat View Post

Excuse my ignorance, but when is WWDC?

Thanks

It hasn't been announced yet. Last year it was in August, year before that it was in June.
  • Reply 14 of 18
    drnatdrnat Posts: 142member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mwswami View Post

It hasn't been announced yet. Last year it was in August, year before that it was in June.

Thanks - we won't be waiting until August to hear further updates!
  • Reply 15 of 18
    drboardrboar Posts: 477member
    Regarding the MacPro, Apple has several options. One is a stop gap measure, to simply add a octa core BTO as those CPUs are drop in replacements. The second is like the first but with updated GPUs and other such minor tweaks. ( a better option than the first in the second generation of the Pro is far off). A third option would be a true second generation Pro a new mother board and lots of new features and othter upgrades as well
  • Reply 16 of 18
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DrBoar View Post

Regarding the MacPro, Apple has several options. One is a stop gap measure, to simply add a octa core BTO as those CPUs are drop in replacements. The second is like the first but with updated GPUs and other such minor tweaks. ( a better option than the first in the second generation of the Pro is far off). A third option would be a true second generation Pro a new mother board and lots of new features and othter upgrades as well

Why would you even need a new motherboard? Why up the costs for no new features? Is there something the Mac Pro mobo is missing that I'm unaware of? (besides SLI or crossfire)?

Basically gone are the days of ibm and moto coming out with a new processor every 9-12 months. Apple no longer has to tip toe around such a slow paced schedule. The current mobo is complete drop in upgrades for new processors. Building a new motherboard is unnecessary.

Clovertown does bring performance increases over Woodcrest. Intel will be doing price drops on Woodcrest as soon as Clovertown gets rolling (they started shipping a week ago).

3 reasons Clovertown is right around the corner and will be here before wwdc.

A) all of apple's competitors will have them.

B) it's a simple upgrade.. that can be done with bto and no new announcements

C) All the intel macs except mac pro and xserve have had updates (mini's was a small update)

We will definitely see the upgrades long before wwdc. Apple first released os x at wwdc. Apple is no longer on the 12 month rev cycle. They have no excuse to be. They will be here very soon. I just wish someone would tell me because i'm suffering so bad right right now. I'm working 12 hour days on a 1.25ghz 15" powerbook. It's getting REALLY old. But I know the mac pro's are right around the corner and can't bring myself to buy a dual 2.66 now and watch them drop 400 dollars when an update comes around. The powerbook I"ll put up with.... just hope not for too long.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by emig647 View Post

I just wish someone would tell me because i'm suffering so bad right right now. I'm working 12 hour days on a 1.25ghz 15" powerbook. It's getting REALLY old. But I know the mac pro's are right around the corner and can't bring myself to buy a dual 2.66 now and watch them drop 400 dollars when an update comes around. The powerbook I"ll put up with.... just hope not for too long.

I'm in the same boat with you... I'm typing this from my 1.0GHz 15" powerbook (3 years old and still runs ok with the newest OS X!!).

I'm wanting a 2.0GHz Mac Pro for Audio work with Logic.... it *runs* on my Alubook, but not very well.
  • Reply 18 of 18
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    http://www.auc.edu.au/tiki-calendar....s&calitemId=35

Apple hasn't updated their WWDC site past WWDC06 though, so I don't know if this date is a trustworthy one.

Sebastian