Who is switching to Cingular for iPhone?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 52
    i second that about verizon!!
  • Reply 42 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kavik View Post

Don't bet on them being anywhere near as competitive as T-Mobile. Remember they're the biggest so they don't have to be. ...and just wait until you have a billing problem or have to get ahold of customer service.

sorry but anything is better than tmobile service, they have a bunch of stupid kids at customer service that have no idea what they are doing, plus they leave me on hold for 30 min every time i have called...so anything is better than that...i dont mind the switch i use cingular network anyways
  • Reply 43 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by freeny View Post

My big issue with the iPhone is the battery that cant be changed. But that is for another thread....

I'm always a bit puzzled with this. In four years, I've owned two cheap LG phones, and neither of their batteries have had any noticeable degradation. My iPod mini is nearing 3 years old, and it still runs for 8 hrs. Barring my sister who seems to manage to drop everything in the toilet, I can't possibly imagine what people do to their electronics that makes the batteries turn to junk so quickly.
  • Reply 44 of 52
    i have a 3g phone and about 90% of the time with cingular, the EDGE network is much faster. In Chicago there are also only a few areas where you get 3g service. I tries sprint and verizon but cingular works best where i work and near my home
  • Reply 45 of 52
    thank you finally someone with 3G speaks....like i said 3G is a crappy network right now only good if ur in the very very very spotty areas...EDGE was the perfect plan for iphone beleive me...im tired of listening to all these 3G whiners...big deal if steve wants to put 3G on the phone NYTimes with Job's himself states that they will do this with a simple software update
  • Reply 46 of 52
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    They need to add other networks or it will be a failure. Well that and make it not suck as a phone. That would be nice. Like, $199, 5x the battery/Talk, etc. Pathetic.
  • Reply 47 of 52
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aquatic View Post

They need to add other networks or it will be a failure. Well that and make it not suck as a phone. That would be nice. Like, $199, 5x the battery/Talk, etc. Pathetic.

Maybe they should sell it at the Dollar Store, have it play PS3/Wii/360 Games, download HD video off of Youtube in the blink of an eye, cook your dinner, take over the world for you, and sing karaoke.

If you look at it as a phone, you're only looking at a third of what it is.

Sebastian
  • Reply 48 of 52
    and if you think battery life is low..i own a POS Dash and it too only had 4.5hrs of battery life, very common for all smartphones, 5 hours is pretty good especially when you know Apple usually tests its battery and get the rate of time almost perfectly, i trust them more than moto lg and other cell phones, they say 5 hours and the phone is dead in 3..not cool
  • Reply 49 of 52
    Have to have this phone. I've always bought the cheapest (i.e. free) stripped down phone available -- no camera, no calendars, etc.

But I WILL be first in line to get the iPhone.

I do wish that Cingular wasn't changing its name back to AT&T. I was their customer when it was AT&T and it was the worst service I ever had. Hopefully, they've improved over the past few years.

Currently T-Mobile and I like them. Was considering not having a plan -- going with a pre-paid, and wish that was an option with Apple...

.... but I am SO getting the iPhone!
  • Reply 50 of 52
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Health Insurance View Post

Have to have this phone. I've always bought the cheapest (i.e. free) stripped down phone available -- no camera, no calendars, etc.

But I WILL be first in line to get the iPhone.

I do wish that Cingular wasn't changing its name back to AT&T. I was their customer when it was AT&T and it was the worst service I ever had. Hopefully, they've improved over the past few years.

Currently T-Mobile and I like them. Was considering not having a plan -- going with a pre-paid, and wish that was an option with Apple...

.... but I am SO getting the iPhone!

Heh Heh, about the AT&T name

It's actually SBC, former Subsidary of the "old" AT&T that bought AT&T and renamed themselves to AT&T.

Weird eh?

Sebastian
  • Reply 51 of 52
    Seems a long way there to get iPhone in Canada.

Rogers wireless?

why not make north american markets the same pace... that's pity

why not sell individual phones instead of combining it to a wireless company like the asian markets.
  • Reply 52 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iChina View Post

why not sell individual phones instead of combining it to a wireless company like the asian markets.

The East Asian markets tend to buy an absurd number of phones per person. The demand for the latest phones is high, so selling phones independent of plans is a wise business model there. In the US, the demand for new phones is low, so the carriers have to trick you by bundling them (and charging more for service).