Speed difference between 867 PB and 1Ghz PB?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Greetings.

This is my first post on this forum.

I just bought an 867 Mhz 15 inch powerbook and I'm really diggin' it. I got a good deal through the local school bookstore on this one and figured it was all good for the money I paid.

I am wondering though, how much of a difference you might notice in the 1 Ghz model when it comes to speed. Is it much faster? From what I can tell, the only things I can't upgrade in the one I got are the processor and the video card. So when I'm ready I can go up in RAM, add an Airport card, get a bigger hard drive etc. I just can't get a faster processor or video card for this thing, right? So am I missing out or is the difference too minute to notice?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I got the 1ghz, it really depends on what you're doing. I do a lot of video editing so yeah that extra 300 can save me up to a 5th of my day over maybe the 867, but seriously if you work right unlike me, and just use it like you want it, its a great investment. Hooray for new powerbook owners!
  • Reply 2 of 5
    You'll see a 15% speed bonus, obviously, and you'll do better when running multiple displays.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Hmm...

Looks like there is a bit of a difference but not a huge amount. I think I'll be fine. Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the knowledge.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    The 64MB 9000 in the 1Ghz does seem to make a big difference in those tests.