Switch to Intel Mac?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Currently I have an iBook G4 12 in. with PowerPC. Leopard is coming out soon, and I plan on buying it. I am also interested in possibly getting a Mac with an Intel Processor. Would it be better to just buy Leopard and stay with PowerPC or just buy a new Macbook with an Intel processor and Leopard pre-installed on it? Let me know, thanks,

Macs_Finest

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    I've never used a PPC Mac, but I'm sure you will see a huge performance boost from the Core 2 Duo MacBook.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by macs_finest View Post

Currently I have an iBook G4 12 in. with PowerPC. Leopard is coming out soon, and I plan on buying it. I am also interested in possibly getting a Mac with an Intel Processor. Would it be better to just buy Leopard and stay with PowerPC or just buy a new Macbook with an Intel processor and Leopard pre-installed on it? Let me know, thanks,

Macs_Finest

It depends. If you buy Leopard, you can install it on more than one machine whereas the leopard that comes with a machine can only be installed on that model.

However, the Macbooks are waaaaay faster than the G4s. Really 4x faster at least.