iPhoto Alternative

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I love iPhoto except for the fact that I have to download all my cameras (Canon SD600) pictures. Is there an application that lets me pick and choose the photos I want to import?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    dacloodacloo Posts: 890member
    My EOS350 shipped with Canon Utilities which contains an app like that.

(CameraWindow, Digital Photo Professional, etc). But I only "grab" the photos and then save them to a folder and then I import it to iPhoto, because I like the fact iPhoto integrates better with other Apple products.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MrBlack08 View Post

I love iPhoto except for the fact that I have to download all my cameras (Canon SD600) pictures. Is there an application that lets me pick and choose the photos I want to import?

Unfortunately iPhoto won't allow you to browse the photos still on your camera.

However, you can use Image Capture to mount your camera as a device and browse the photos on it. Connect your camera, turn it on, then select Image Capture from your Applications folder. You should then be able to browse the contents of your camera and download the photos you want! Then you can import them into iPhoto as a new roll.

Here's a tutorial from Apple on this very process
  • Reply 3 of 5
    regreg Posts: 832member
    It is faster to import all the pictures into iPhoto, select the ones you don't want (apple click) on each. Then (apple d) will delete all the ones you have chosen. Very quick and easier than deleting from a camera.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rshogg View Post

Unfortunately iPhoto won't allow you to browse the photos still on your camera.

However, you can use Image Capture to mount your camera as a device and browse the photos on it. Connect your camera, turn it on, then select Image Capture from your Applications folder. You should then be able to browse the contents of your camera and download the photos you want! Then you can import them into iPhoto as a new roll.

Here's a tutorial from Apple on this very process

THANK YOU! That is exactly what I wanted, and I don't even need to get an App for it! The thing I want is just a couple photos from ebay but I still have 300 photos on my card that I took on vacation that I am going to put on my other workstation, so this works perfectly.

I love this forum.

-Problem Solved
  • Reply 5 of 5
    eh...Aperture...

probably doesn't help...