along the way

working out

what he was trying to say!

Awesome cutemartin!
  • Reply 163 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

Awesome cutemartin!

thanks, but credit really to the European Guy for the thread in the first place, and for distracting us for a few hours!
  • Reply 164 of 377
    The iObject, EG?

After pondering the days events for the last few hours, especially the crowd reaction to Steve getting all touchy feely with his iPhone, I find myself wondering how long it might be before they could get a full version of OS X running on a tablet thingy, smoothly enough to make Bill Gates publicly admit he never did get it? Or maybe on a floating, flat panel iMac, would be a better description?

I think something around the size of a 12 - 15 inch laptop would suit me just fine for starters. Get a couple of nice big display screens - one for the living area to go with my Apple TV and one for the bedroom. I presume there'll be a reborn, firebreathingly fast cube any tick for those who want added grunt to run their OS X multi-touch portable controlled technological wonderland.

Hell, if they can get that much shit in a phone, I'm half-tempted to start licking buttons on the powerbook screen in case it's been multitouch all along and Apple have just been foxing.

After today, you must turn out to be right sooner or later. Next time my mouse or keyboard give me any trouble, I'll just sneer and think "Ha! Your days are numbered buddy!"
  • Reply 165 of 377
    Quote:

After pondering the days events for the last few hours, especially the crowd reaction to Steve getting all touchy feely with his iPhone, I find myself wondering how long it might be before they could get a full version of OS X running on a tablet thingy, smoothly enough to make Bill Gates publicly admit he never did get it? Or maybe on a floating, flat panel iMac, would be a better description?

I think something around the size of a 12 - 15 inch laptop would suit me just fine for starters. Get a couple of nice big display screens - one for the living area to go with my Apple TV and one for the bedroom. I presume there'll be a reborn, firebreathingly fast cube any tick for those who want added grunt to run their OS X multi-touch portable controlled technological wonderland.

Hell, if they can get that much shit in a phone, I'm half-tempted to start licking buttons on the powerbook screen in case it's been multitouch all along and Apple have just been foxing.

After today, you must turn out to be right sooner or later. Next time my mouse or keyboard give me any trouble, I'll just sneer and think "Ha! Your days are numbered buddy!"

When I say the iPhone is the 'Mac' of the future...it's riddled with ramifications.

The implications of the iPhone just made the Mac line so 20th Century. If that's what they have for the iPhone? :O

Lemon Bon Bon
  • Reply 166 of 377
    tinktink Posts: 395member
    New imacs with the new faster wireless standard.

The display is removable and can be used as a tablet around the house / office. The wireless bandwith is fast inough to transmit to the display.

The display will incorperate the new touchscreen tech so that no keyboard is required.

The harddrive and most of the internals will be at the display dock and the display will have minimal powerdraw so as to limit weight from the batteries.

The display can be docked in multiple locations and controlled with a remote, one that also incoperates the touch screen interface.

Multiple displays around the house served by one?

The blimbs will distribute starbucks to the birds as they fly by.

My airtunes will still be flacky.
  • Reply 167 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cutemartin View Post

and all along

the bird was wrong

he sold us one

of two billion songs

airport was right

i'll give you that

but no 8 core Pro

under jobs' hat

the iMac

no new design

i take it as

a good sign

that european guy

he ain't no spy

and what he said, no less

was a birdie's guess

at least we had fun

along the way

working out

what he was trying to say!

Brilliant ! Thanks !
  • Reply 168 of 377
    Ok. Back to take my punishment.

Seriously, I was terribly misguided or at least my source was.

I do really, really know Apple people and I was terribly (or intentionally) misguided.

They did came through with the 802.n Airport update, but it was terribly short (inexistent) on all other guesses.

Maybe these hardware updates will come sooner rather than later.

While the 8 core MacPro is a VERY PREDICTABLE product, I think the new iMac, which I STILL believe will be a rather different animal, will show up soon. I was told to expect a SPECIAL DISPLAY with this iMac and that it would seriously please the Tablet fans.

Again, I don't know.

One thing is for sure, I was blown away with the iPhone and I had ZERO info on it.

Despite the early rants about the GSM, 3G , contract plans, Not available in Europe etc, etc, this is a HUGE product in all senses. We shall see. I love it.

Now we know what to expect on the next iteration of the iPod Video, right ? Just take away the phone mess, and watch. It will be fun.

Thanks for the effort, comments and replies to the riddles. It was really fun to me, too.

Best Regards and a tremendous 2007 year to all.
  • Reply 169 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by European guy View Post

Seriously, I was terribly misguided or at least my source was.

I do really, really know Apple people and I was terribly (or intentionally) misguided.

They did came through with the 802.n Airport update, but it was terribly short (inexistent) on all other guesses.

Maybe these hardware updates will come sooner rather than later.

While the 8 core MacPro is a VERY PREDICTABLE product, I think the new iMac, which I STILL believe will be a rather different animal, will show up soon. I was told to expect a SPECIAL DISPLAY with this iMac and that it would seriously please the Tablet fans.

Again, I don't know.

One thing is for sure, I was blown away with the iPhone and I had ZERO info on it.

Despite the early rants about the GSM, 3G , contract plans, Not available in Europe etc, etc, this is a HUGE product in all senses. We shall see. I love it.

Now we know what to expect on the next iteration of the iPod Video, right ? Just take away the phone mess, and watch. It will be fun.

Thanks for the effort, comments and replies to the riddles. It was really fun to me, too.

Best Regards and a tremendous 2007 year to all.

The idea (or is that iDea? ) of an iMac with a detachable or portable tablet style screen, with a base station is fantastic - it would solve much of my perennial dilemma of desktop or portable... I hope your source was right about that, even if it didn't come out this week.

My guess is that Apple decided that Leopard, new Macs and the iPhone was just too much for one event. As a PR guy that makes sense to me. It's why I thought beforehand we wouldn't get the iPhone this week. Well, my reasoning was half right! And it makes sense for new macs to come at the same time as leopard rather than with the iPhone.

I now expect a special event in 2/3 months time announcing Leopard, iLife/iWork '07 (which I think will have plenty of Leopard specific functions, hence the lack of their release this week) together with the start of a roll-out over the next 12-18 months of redesigned Macs.

Apple deliberately kept the Mac designs substantially the same during the Intel switch - they wanted everyone to get the message that they are different, but not too different. Now they can redesign, while continually upgrading CPUs as they're rolled out by Intel.

People worried that Apple's name-change signifies a move away from Macs just haven't understood Apple's long-stated concept of the digital hub. All Apple's non-Mac hardware is designed to strenthen the role of our macs at the centre of our digital lives.

My suspicion is that there will be features to the iPhone that we haven't seen yet linking it closely to the Mac. They weren't shown either because they're not ready yet, or they rely too much on Leopard, or most likely both. Notice how little was said that about the iPhone and .Mac? Remeber that such features, even if not ready when the iPhone is initially released, will be just a software update away!
  • Reply 170 of 377
    So December flew away.

And January isn't here to stay.

But a present that S. left behind..

Will pop out before February time.

Dark skies and imposing lights.

Made a show and our delights

But still there's stars in this sky so bright

You'll get more than you asked for.

Little birdie did fly away

And now I see why little he was

And all his claims were also tiny

So, braces yourselves and spring your money..

To be continued...
  • Reply 171 of 377
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    pelo amor de deus, para com isso meu caro!
  • Reply 172 of 377
    Quote:

... I was told to expect a SPECIAL DISPLAY with this iMac and that it would seriously please the Tablet fans.

Again, I don't know...

Wouldn't a special display refer to Multi-Touch? Detachable seems unrealistic.
  • Reply 173 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gugy View Post

pelo amor de deus, para com isso meu caro!

Pronto, pronto....já parei.
  • Reply 174 of 377
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    estou brincando, deixe os gringos malucos!
  • Reply 175 of 377
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

So December flew away.

And January isn't here to stay.

But a present that S. left behind..

Will pop out before February time.

Dark skies and imposing lights.

Made a show and our delights

But still there's stars in this sky so bright

You'll get more than you asked for.

Little birdie did fly away

And now I see why little he was

And all his claims were also tiny

So, braces yourselves and spring your money..

To be continued...

Oh, no, not again! But wait, February is in one week from now. So, next Tuesday/Wednesday? Mac mini update I would say.
  • Reply 176 of 377
    hobbithobbit Posts: 532member
    Hey European Guy, thanks for the riddles!

This new one sounds like new displays to me. Could fit a huge ('more than you asked for') but expensive ('spring your money') display. 40" maybe?
  • Reply 177 of 377
    Now that the iPhone is out in the open.

What does it mean for Macs?

Surely we can't have that tech in a phone and NOT(?) in a Mac?!? The standard bearer of computer innovation?

My vote is it turns up in an iMac 1st. And it could be radical. A tablet iMac?

Lemon Bon Bon
  • Reply 178 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lemon Bon Bon. View Post

Surely we can't have that tech in a phone and NOT(?) in a Mac?!? The standard bearer of computer innovation?

Lemon, Nice reasoning , as always

Seriously, and SPEAKING ENTIRELY MY OWN OPINION ( let's leave the obscure sources to the Little Bird rhyming mode), the iMac is still Apple's reference machine and, as such, the recipient of first priority hard core innovation.

Now back to Birdie Mode...
  • Reply 179 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hobBIT View Post

Hey European Guy, thanks for the riddles!

This new one sounds like new displays to me. Could fit a huge ('more than you asked for') but expensive ('spring your money') display. 40" maybe?

Sometimes the hobbit finds a tortuous path, climbing montains and descending upon valleys made of bliss. Still the truth shapes itself from curved assumptions.
  • Reply 180 of 377
    hobbithobbit Posts: 532member
    Mkay understood. No displays then...

Going back to the original riddle:

Perhaps something was expected but wasn't presented at MW ('a present S. left behind').

'imposing lights. made a show and our delights' clearly points to the iPhone.

'But still there's stars in this sky so bright'. The one 'star' shining bright at Apple is still the iPod.

New iPods were expected at MW and didn't happen. So that could be it.

But on the other hand most agree that the next iPod will have a touch screen as well, yet introducing it so far ahead of iPhone availability could steal a lot of thunder from the iPhone. Which is why many seem to think new iPods will arrive only once the iPhone hit shelves.

Yet if it is true that the iPhone uses Samsung chips (like the iPod) then it is feasible that the new iPhone and iPods were developed together and the iPod is ready (as it doesn't need FCC approval). This could further mean that the new iPods could also come with wifi and Safari built-in ('you'll get more than you asked for').

Yet 'Still the truth shapes itself from curved assumptions' puzzles me. Which Apple product is 'curved' these days? The all-in-one iMacs are gone, so the sunflower iMacs, everything's boxy these days.

But then maybe 'curved assumptions' merely means I was way off and need to do a 180 degree U-turn... Which could simply mean no displays but something else.