Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Inqiring minds want to know

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Unannounced.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    We know it is Unannounced, but does anyone have predictions when it might be released?

Thanks,

An employee at the Apple store on 5th ave NYC told me yesterday that his guess is in the next few months, possibly March but no later than June.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Well, the developer conference has been announced in June 10, which is just after the end of spring so I could see them using that as a platform for announcing Leopard in all its glory and shipping at the same time. I don't want them to take that long but this will probably be the last release of OS X for a while and directy competes with Microsoft's only offering in 6 years so they'll want to make sure it's perfect.

They better not talk about the iphone again though or I'll be seriously pissed off.

I'd expect product updates between now and June though.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Rumored to be announced on 20th Feb 2007. Currently unannounced.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker View Post

Unannounced.

Way to keep our fun minds active.

I'm guessing after Feb and before April.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    Supposedly Mar. 24th. YMMV
  • Reply 7 of 10
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    My guess continues to be April 28th, exactly two years after Tiger.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker View Post

My guess continues to be April 28th, exactly two years after Tiger.

If Apple chooses that date for that reason, I'll personally kill them.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    rob05aurob05au Posts: 348member
    Late may to Mid June
  • Reply 10 of 10
    rnprnp Posts: 11member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

If Apple chooses that date for that reason, I'll personally kill them.

...and we'll hold you back while you try!

If it comes out April 28th then I would be happy because as of right now I am only expecting it to come out in June when the developer's conference is in session. If they do not release it before then, then that is the perfect time to release it. The sooner the better only because my mind is curious about the glory that Leopard beholds.

I personally don't intend to update anything in 2007 unless the new OS is so mindblowing as to make me feel like what I have is very obsolete. I have the latest 12 inch model iBook that came out with all stock/standard parts, so it probably wouldn't be too hard to make me feel that way! I am missing the ability to burn my iMovie files to DVD and am in need of more hard drive space and RAM as it is...but I can still make do with it right now.