A Keynote Haiku

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Apple software gold,

PowerPoint holds no candle.

Love the style and ease.

This past week I've been in charge of all things video for a youth rally that my church has been holding. It's a big concert-like event with lights, video screens, etc.

I just have to say that Keynote has been quite the trooper. I basically load up every slide, video, picture, whatever into it and the thing works no problem. We run announcement slides ahead of each evening's program and they look 100 times better than anything Powerpoint could dream of, from page layout to transitions.

I love Keynote. While there are some improvements I'd make to it, overall it's a joy to work with and a VERY useful tool.

Have a nice day.

(Waiting for someone to criticize the haiku because it's improperly formatted or something.)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    I like Keynote too. I don't have a haiku though. But it's a nice app.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post

Apple software gold,

PowerPoint holds no candle.

Love the style and ease.

This past week I've been in charge of all things video for a youth rally that my church has been holding. It's a big concert-like event with lights, video screens, etc.

I just have to say that Keynote has been quite the trooper. I basically load up every slide, video, picture, whatever into it and the thing works no problem. We run announcement slides ahead of each evening's program and they look 100 times better than anything Powerpoint could dream of, from page layout to transitions.

I love Keynote. While there are some improvements I'd make to it, overall it's a joy to work with and a VERY useful tool.

Have a nice day.

(Waiting for someone to criticize the haiku because it's improperly formatted or something.)

Do you use the stock templates? I've seen a app that has additional templates for Keynote and PP and I've thought of getting it but don't know if it's worth it.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    yes keynote is absolutely brilliant, will never use powerpoint through choice again.

stu
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Excel is all that's left

Or is it already there?

Blackwind needs UB excel!
  • Reply 5 of 5
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

Do you use the stock templates?

Quite honestly, everything I've been doing for the rally has been made from scratch by adapting the event artwork for slides. If I get a chance I'll try to upload some stuff after the event's over this weekend.