Replacing a stolen MacBook

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Alright it seems that auto glass is not as impenetrable as I once thought it was and now my almost new 2ghz (Duo) black Macbook is gone. Home owners insurance is going to pay for it thankfully, (they have not told me how much however) so I am looking to buy a new one. I am looking at their refurbished page in Education and see my exact same MacBook for $999. That seems like a really good deal.

But for $300 more I could get a Core2 Duo with 2x more ram and 1.5x the HD space.

My question is do you think the Core2 upgrade is worth it? I have heard that even though the Mhz stayed the same it got a nice speed boost. Is that hot air?

I was very happy with my old one, going back to it would certainly not be a loss.

Thanks

(PS use your trunk! Even if you are going to be right back!)

Edit: Education does not discount referb. The real store is here

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    core 2 duo is faster and suports 64bit so its not bad to have since (as far as i know) 10.5 will be 64 bit. also you cant have enough ram and the extra HD space is not bad. i think go with the new one, or better yet get the white one and increase the HD and pay less than the black one then get that nice clear case at http://www.speckproducts.com for $40 and spray paint it black from the inside out, you still comeout cheaper (about $20) and your MB will be glosy black and protected.

just my 2¢