iTunes 8 for Leopard????

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I was not sure if this goes under Os or this so i put it here. What improvments and differences do you think there will be IF they release iTunes 8 with leopard. Do you think it will have visual effects on the mac version. or maybe both pc and mac versions. What new things can you see.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 21
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Not sure but there's an iPod + iTunes section.
  • Reply 2 of 21
    smaxsmax Posts: 361member
    iTunes 7 came out too recently. If you're wondering what will be in iTunes in Leopard, click the icon in your dock. :P
  • Reply 3 of 21
    no dock, windows, sorry
  • Reply 4 of 21
    Well then... Start>Program Files>iTunes>iTunes :P

Or I guess it could be on your desktop...
  • Reply 5 of 21
    sthiedesthiede Posts: 307member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by polarissucks View Post

no dock, windows, sorry

im sorry to hear that, my sympathies

anyways, why cant there be a new iTunes in leopard? it couldn't it use core animation for coverflow?
  • Reply 6 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smax View Post

iTunes 7 came out too recently.

Although I don't expect it, there's is precedent in iTunes 6 came out a month after iTunes 5.
  • Reply 7 of 21
    ok... i hope there is a new iTunes i love the old one.since ordered a mac is there a difference between mac and pc version of iTunes
  • Reply 8 of 21
    I've been working a mockup of what i'd like to see in iTunes 8. I'm looking for feedback, its already becoming an evolutionary process. Check out the existing mockup screenshots here.

http://www.mollerade.com/2007/01/22/itunes-8/
  • Reply 9 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mollerade View Post

I've been working a mockup of what i'd like to see in iTunes 8. I'm looking for feedback, its already becoming an evolutionary process. Check out the existing mockup screenshots here.

That cube looks cool in the second screenshot from Part II. I don't like the rest of the design, the buttons and icons, etc.

Part III looks pretty cool. Buttons look a lot better.
  • Reply 10 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smax View Post

iTunes 7 came out too recently. If you're wondering what will be in iTunes in Leopard, click the icon in your dock. :P

There may not be a iTunes 8, but there is a new release of iTunes due soon: http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2468. So yea.

Quote:

Its wonderful, but that would take LOADS of system resources for Windows, and possibly for Mac, too (Leopard will have Core Animation, so who knows). But we will see what they come up with
  • Reply 11 of 21
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Quote:

it looks cool but it's too much of a dramatic change to be realistic, the itunes slowly evolves, this from 7-8 would be way too much of a design jump and wouldn't match the rest of the OS. It is cool though.
  • Reply 12 of 21
    Answering Macintosh_Next - True, i'm not thinking about the system resources needed to make my design a reality, but i am betting that if you can have time machine in leopard, with it 3D animation, then you can have a 3D cube in iTunes. As for Microsoft Vista, if it can handle 3D tab browsing (not sure if that is the correct terminology) without hitting performance bottlenecks then it should be able to handle a 3D cube. Obviously i've taken inspiration from such applications as Beryl, so it can be done, although it may be limited to newer faster computers..

.. which leads me onto answering ecking - i take your point, its valid and perhaps this isn't iTunes 8 but iTunes 9 or 10.
  • Reply 13 of 21
    Quote:

As for Microsoft Vista, if it can handle 3D tab browsing (not sure if that is the correct terminology) without hitting performance bottlenecks then it should be able to handle a 3D cube.

Vista IS a performance bottleneck! Also, not to diss your design or ideas, but take a good look at Apple design principles. Apple are big on standards, even in new concepts and although I like your cube idea, I would see Apple implementing something more along the lines of the flip / ripple effects as found in Dashboard and on the iPhone.
  • Reply 14 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpinDrift View Post

Vista IS a performance bottleneck! Also, not to diss your design or ideas, but take a good look at Apple design principles. Apple are big on standards, even in new concepts and although I like your cube idea, I would see Apple implementing something more along the lines of the flip / ripple effects as found in Dashboard and on the iPhone.

Firstly please feel free to diss the design as much as you like, i'm looking for critical feedback. Secondly unfortunately for me i am waiting for leopard before buying my first Mac (don't want to pay for the upgrade if its potentially coming out in a few months), therefore i have not seen the flip / ripple effects you talk about, but once apple release the release date of leopard, i start the count down.
  • Reply 15 of 21
    iTunes 8 doesnt have to be an insane upgrade in the UI or anything, it can look exactly the same, all i really hope for is lyric integration. So lyrics automatically in songs downloaded from the iTunes Store, allowing for searching by lyrics on your computer and on the store; ever had that song that you heard on the radio, that you can only remember one line from?
  • Reply 16 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Endymion View Post

Although I don't expect it, there's is precedent in iTunes 6 came out a month after iTunes 5.

That was so weird, never understood that.
  • Reply 17 of 21
    heres my concept for iTunes 8, just a few simple mods

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...6/itunes-8.jpg
  • Reply 18 of 21
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    iTunes evolution is ENTIRELY separate from the OS evolution now. Apple only releases new iTunes versions to coincide with new iPod/iPhone/etc.

Also, I don't think the UI for iTunes will change soon at all. Mac OS X is JUST barely catching up to it.
  • Reply 19 of 21
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Macintosh_Next View Post

There may not be a iTunes 8, but there is a new release of iTunes due soon: http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2468. So yea.

WHAT??

That article was from Feb 2007, and by the "next version of iTunes" they were talking about a mini update for performance and stability.
  • Reply 20 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

WHAT??

That article was from Feb 2007, and by the "next version of iTunes" they were talking about a mini update for performance and stability.

...Look at the date on that post. It's from February. This is an old thread, all speculation of a new version of iTunes in this thread doesn't mean anything now.