Corrupted Fonts

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I was installing fonts on my system and it crashed, I'm running 10.4.8 on a PowerBook G4. The computer generally works it just has a problem with the font for RSS in Safari. Other than this, and Adium's fonts not working when I allow users to set their font; it's fine.

Has anyone any suggestions, I have repaired permissions, verified harddrive, validated fonts and am about to install the 10.4.8 combo updater.

I have attached a screenshot

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Looks like an issue with the encoding settings of the page. Look under the menu View:Text Encoding that it says "Default" or "Western" or "Latin" or "ISO" or something. Then check under Preferences: Appearence: Text encoding for the same setting.

That should do it. The Adium bug sounds like just that, and Adium bug. Report it to the developer.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    The encoding settings are both fine, and the Adium bug only appeared after the crash. Mail is also not rendering emails properly. It appears the font in regular is corrupted as bold text appears normally. Does anyone know what this font this is? Lucida Grande and Helvetica seem to be working normally.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    It seems it was an issue with Helvetica, for some reason it was using a strange cut! All sorted, thanks guys.