How to turn off specifc widgets?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Help! I let my son use my laptop and he added a gazillion widgets in addition the the few I had already. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove the widgets he added. The dashboard panel in system preferences doesn't do it, the widgets folder seems to just add more if you click on them, but there doesn't seem to be any way to remove a widget. I tried to drag one to the trash but didn't want to really delete it, just get it off my dashboard...

I did a search here and one thread said that there would be an X with a circle around it in the upper left of each widget that you click to remove it from the dashboard. None of them have this. There is only a small i on some of them (which I assume stands for information) which just expands or flips the widget to give additional information.

I am running system 10.4.6.

No son, I really don't need the flight tracker...

Help!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ranchogirl View Post

I did a search here and one thread said that there would be an X with a circle around it in the upper left of each widget that you click to remove it from the dashboard. None of them have this.

Hold option, then move your mouse over a widget. It should have the "X with a circle around it in the upper left".
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Aha! Thank you!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    ...and to manage things further, click the big + in a circle at the lower left of your screen and then click Manage Widgets.