Strange Log Messages

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi,

I'm a pretty avid Mac user, but severely lacking in a lot of technical knowledge. Like, the logs.

I was just scrolling through my logs in the Console, when I found a lot of strange entries in the windowserver_last.log file:

Quote:

Jan 26 20:38:45 [70] "loginwindow" (0x6003) set hot key operating mode to normal

Jan 26 20:38:45 [70] Hot key operating mode is now normal

Jan 26 20:44:40 [70] "loginwindow" (0x6003) set hot key operating mode to all disabled

Jan 26 20:44:40 [70] Hot key operating mode is now all disabled

Jan 26 21:03:47 [70] "loginwindow" (0x6003) set hot key operating mode to normal

Jan 26 21:03:47 [70] Hot key operating mode is now normal

Jan 26 21:59:22 [70] "loginwindow" (0x6003) set hot key operating mode to all disabled

Jan 26 21:59:22 [70] Hot key operating mode is now all disabled

These entries occur many, many times on a daily basis, when my computer is just logged in and running normally. I only reboot (and therefore log out/log back in) about once a week, and very rarely log completely out or shut down.

Can someone explain to me in plain English why these messages are cropping up? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    rob05aurob05au Posts: 348member
    Do you have any third party system add-ons or Unsanity haxies installed?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Not that I'm aware of, no....
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SeaDour View Post

Hi,

I'm a pretty avid Mac user, but severely lacking in a lot of technical knowledge. Like, the logs.

I was just scrolling through my logs in the Console, when I found a lot of strange entries in the windowserver_last.log file:

These entries occur many, many times on a daily basis, when my computer is just logged in and running normally. I only reboot (and therefore log out/log back in) about once a week, and very rarely log completely out or shut down.

Can someone explain to me in plain English why these messages are cropping up? Thanks in advance.

If you use the Apple Remote Control, with Front Row, I believe those are the entries that show up in the log.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by audiopollution View Post

If you use the Apple Remote Control, with Front Row, I believe those are the entries that show up in the log.

From what I've seen on the web, those entries will show as "FrontRow" rather than "loginwindow". Also, I misplaced my Apple Remote and haven't used Front Row in over a month now.