eye candy in vista vs tiger

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    It works much faster. Instantaneously, except for the quick blink.
  • Reply 22 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by polarissucks View Post

i just ordered in tiger and my brother just bought vista for his laptop. now he is a big mac hater and ths will be my first time using one so how will my tiger look compared to vista with its cheap little effects?

i just tried out Vista for the first time today and, well, it looked cool actually. it doesn't feel like XP, nor does it feel like a Tiger rip off. i used it side by side, with Tiger running on an iMac and Vista on a 17" Toshiba laptop, and observed them both. i have to say they feel like different things completely. Visually, Tiger is 'lighter' in it's weight, tending towards a whiter/brighter UI with a sense that windows are thin in nature. Vista is heavier, possessing a smoother and denser feeling in value and color. Vista has rather nice fades and transitions and doesn't have any immediate 'WOW' animations like the genie effect or dock magnification, instead the fades/reveals are contrite and subtle . it's visually rich but not in a loud distracting way... dunno, i'm surprised, since i was expecting the worst and i didn't find it. Now i'm beginning to wondering what Apple REALLY has planned for Leopard's UI...
  • Reply 23 of 30
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wirc View Post

Also, design of a GUI is about ease-of-use, clarity, and the ability to look at it for extended periods. You'll see that the simple, diverse, and pretty look of OS X is much better.

I cant imagine the sheer cluster-f*** that is going to reupt when big corperations start rolling vista out, it will likly start late this summer with the medium sized corporations (~1000 employees and a small handfull of in-house apps)

Because there is no classic mode in Office 07 and from the looks of things, there is no way to make vista have a one-column "classic" start menu, not to mention the lack of the word "START" corprate users will shit themselves when they walk in to see their 2000 or XP stripped to looklike 2000 boxen replaced with Vista...I could easily see like 3 full days of training for Office and Vista for power users...this is a royal cluster-fuck...or a great time for corporate users to jump to Linux...
  • Reply 24 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghiangelo View Post

i just tried out Vista for the first time today and, well, it looked cool actually. it doesn't feel like XP, nor does it feel like a Tiger rip off.

Blasphemy! Don't worry there is still time to repent.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    i tried my bro's vista. i do not like it much. its got cool effects but i dont like the start menu and the system settings are harder to use. its almost too simple. not much for lepard or tiger for that matter to compete wtih.
  • Reply 26 of 30
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer View Post

I could easily see like 3 full days of training for Office and Vista for power users...this is a royal cluster-fuck...or a great time for corporate users to jump to Linux...

Yeah, like that would require no training....
  • Reply 27 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kcmac View Post

Yeah, like that would require no training....

Sadly, that is well said and is why windows rules on. Hopefully, Apple will continue to make slow but steady progress.
  • Reply 28 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer View Post

Because there is no classic mode in Office 07 and from the looks of things, there is no way to make vista have a one-column "classic" start menu

Not true on both accounts. If you are going to bash Vista, at least get your facts straight, because otherwise you look like an ignorant fanboy.
  • Reply 29 of 30
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by polarissucks View Post

i just ordered in tiger and my brother just bought vista for his laptop. now he is a big mac hater and ths will be my first time using one so how will my tiger look compared to vista with its cheap little effects?

Just wondering... Does polarissucks think Tiger is actually Leopard?

Not being mean, I have seen many other people think Tiger is Leopard.
  • Reply 30 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by physguy View Post

Also, you can hit the space bar when you're over the window you want to speed things up.

Why didn't you tell earlier, bastard.