Printer Setup Always Launches on Restart

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
There has to be an easy way to stop this.

Thanks !

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    When you say "printer setup" do you mean OS X's printer preferences, the printer manufacturers stuff, or OS X's page setup ?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

When you say "printer setup" do you mean OS X's printer preferences, the printer manufacturers stuff, or OS X's page setup ?

From HP, the manufacturer.

PS This is one of the reasons I dislike Windows. So often it comes with all this stuff that you are forced to confront, and do not know how to eliminate.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    I get something similar with my Brother all-in-one. I have it set to print wirelessly, so when I restart, it wants me to set up what Brother calls "Control Center" -- wants to know USB or network, etc. I'm never sure how to answer so I just cancel out. I figure it is wanting to set up the scanning part of the printer, and since I am not physically connected, guess I can't do that. Not sure how to get this to stop. Don't need the scanning features as I have a Canon scanner that I use with the MB.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hledgard View Post

From HP, the manufacturer.

PS This is one of the reasons I dislike Windows. So often it comes with all this stuff that you are forced to confront, and do not know how to eliminate.

Is this on a windows machine or a Mac?

If it's a Mac, go to System Preferences->Accounts->Log in-> items tab. The HP software has installed something here, you can either remove it by highlighting the item and clicking the minus button at the bottom of the pane, or just hide it by checking the "hide" box next to it.

If it's a PC you may be in the wrong neck of the woods.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Alas, no cigar. The only thing there is an iTunes item and an LCC Daemon, which has a check on hide.

Thanks.

???

Henry Ledgard