No Fricken Apple Commercial for Super Bowl?!?!?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
omg i thought they were going to announce the new macbook pros....or beatles songs, or apple tv or something!!!!! but nothing, no fricken apple commercial during the super bowl....im pist off...

AND EVEN WORSE

no Halo 3 commercial!!! wtf is that they promised a commercial for the super bowl damnit!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    That's what you get for believing random rumors as fact.

There has been *ZERO* indicator that Apple *EVER* bought a Super Bowl ad spot this year, but people were just assuming it was going to happen.

It was just unfounded rumor, that's all.
  • Reply 2 of 26
    ok well what about halo3....so much talk has been going on from microsoft about an ad on the official release date or mor einformation...nope nothing

i hate CBS all the commercials were promoting CBS shows....stupid
  • Reply 3 of 26
    that halo ommission is VERY odd. one of my friends even made a commercial for halo that he said would be on the superbowl. that's very strange. of course i wasn't watching that closely.
  • Reply 4 of 26
    i watched every second and i heard a billion readings straight from microsoft and bungie about a halo3 release date during the super bowl commercial....AND NOTHING

sorry but the commercials this year fricken sucked so bad, CBS did a lousy job, and they really need to clean their lenses from water geez ...Fox should have done the super bowl and im sure CBS wont be for a while...all the commercials were straight up CBS show promoting, and CBS shows suck anyways
  • Reply 5 of 26
    haha..iTunes was in the Sheryl Crow commercial, so at least they got a little SOMETHING....
  • Reply 6 of 26
    ya i saw that at the end of the commercial, if that is what the apple rumors were stating then F*** them lol....im bummed really really bummed...i was hoping some beatles tracks on itunes, or the new santa rosa on the MBP
  • Reply 7 of 26
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    No, if you go back and actually track the rumors back to their source, they all seem to have started with an article at the Toronto Sun by Terry Ott... who is a guy who blogs about the Beatles, not Apple. Single-source rumor, by a guy who isn't a known Apple follower? Suspicious.

Complete lack of information about Apple buying a spot, when such info is known for weeks ahead of time? Another nail in the coffin.

Etc, etc.

Gotta check up on those rumors before believing them.
  • Reply 8 of 26
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Perfect example of people blaming apple because of a rumor. I was just writing about this in another thread. The Ridiculous thing is that this thread even exists.
  • Reply 9 of 26
    no ones blaming apple..im just saying i wish the rumors were true haha i need a new laptop..this powerbook is just goin blah on me
  • Reply 10 of 26
    csi95csi95 Posts: 38member
    Come on -- this wasn't even a very good rumor. Many people refuted it before the Superbowl even started -- Apple didn't purchase advertising time from CBS. That's all we needed to know. No commercial.

Don't let your desires cloud your judgement.
  • Reply 11 of 26
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    You thought Apple was going to give its laptops a speed bump in a Super Bowl ad?
  • Reply 12 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

You thought Apple was going to give its laptops a speed bump in a Super Bowl ad?

No kidding, OP. This isn't some nerd convention - its the super bowl. Come on now. The Beatles / iTunes / iPod update is even pretty close to crossing the line. Its football, you're gonna see a bunch of beer and doritos commercials. Not some computer company announcing speed bumps in their laptop line...
  • Reply 13 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Saiko View Post

No kidding, OP. This isn't some nerd convention - its the super bowl. Come on now. The Beatles / iTunes / iPod update is even pretty close to crossing the line. Its football, you're gonna see a bunch of beer and doritos commercials. Not some computer company announcing speed bumps in their laptop line...

Ok it wasn't about notebooks but apparently HP didn't get this memo.
  • Reply 14 of 26
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Hey ebaydan777, try using a period once and a while...like this.
  • Reply 15 of 26
    haha no......why does it even matter to you about periods seriously? anyways i wish they brought something out even if it was beatles release
  • Reply 16 of 26
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ebaydan777 View Post

omg i thought they were going to announce the new macbook pros....or beatles songs, or apple tv or something!!!!! but nothing, no fricken apple commercial during the super bowl....im pist off...

AND EVEN WORSE

no Halo 3 commercial!!! wtf is that they promised a commercial for the super bowl damnit!

OMG!!!!!11! Television ads that were rumored to be airing didn't actually air!!!!11 I can see why you're pist off!!11 Apple is worse than Hitler! And Saddam! Combined!
  • Reply 17 of 26
    hahaha what r u gay?
  • Reply 18 of 26
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

haha no......why does it even matter to you about periods seriously?

Because big boys and girls use proper sentence formation and punctuation. You are lacking both.

This is a fairly mature Mac message forum, not a Suite Life of Zach and Cody chat room.

Say something intelligent and we might leave you alone. Until then, reading your posts hurts my brain.
  • Reply 19 of 26
    awesome ...actually im a college undergrad and i can use my "proper sentence formation and punctuation" there....for now at home i could really care less
  • Reply 20 of 26
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    Quote:

awesome ...actually im a college undergrad and i can use my "proper sentence formation and punctuation" there....for now at home i could really care less

You probably mean "couldn't care less", but who knows?