We will see;

FinalCutPro 3.0 for OS9 & OS X

: RealTime effect for DV

: Great Title generator

: Professinal Color correction

And Many Many more function

with New User interface

</strong><hr></blockquote>

According to the ex-FCP team member that I talked to FCP 3 should be OSX only. He isn't 100% sure...but should be at least 70% of chance.
  • Reply 42 of 57
    Nebagakid:

I think your &lt;'s should be &gt;'s.

I'm dying here waiting on the FCP3 announcement! MacNN has a report of a guy seeing posters for FCP3. Woo-hoo!
  • Reply 43 of 57

I just saw that at the Apple store, but when I click on it it still goes to FCP 2.
  • Reply 44 of 57
    Yep. I just saw that img also. We will know the spisifics in a sec. But juging by the aqua iTools looking logo it will work on OS X!
  • Reply 45 of 57
    [quote]Originally posted by The Rootwitch:

<strong>

I just saw that at the Apple store, but when I click on it it still goes to FCP 2.</strong><hr></blockquote>

HAHAHA! I saw it to... refreshed and it was gone... whoops I guess they posted a bit to soon!!!! YEAH FCP 3!!!
  • Reply 46 of 57
    Final Cut Pro 3

Offline. Online. Real-time.

The complete solution for professional video editing.

Now for Mac OS X and Mac OS 9.

Offline. Online. Real-time.

Final Cut Pro 3 is a comprehensive and innovative editing solution with unprecedented flexibility featuring award-winning editing capabilities, precise color correction tools, and built-in compositing and effects. Revolutionary out-of-the-box G4 real-time effects deliver real-time playback without rendering or additional PCI hardware1. The new OfflineRT format yields over 40 minutes of footage per gigabyte, providing a highly efficient editing workflow. Designed for ease of use, with tools that can expertly handle virtually any video format, Final Cut Pro 3 is the complete solution for professional video editing. With a comprehensive set of award winning features that rival expensive proprietary editing systems, it?s no wonder why Final Cut Pro is quickly becoming the digital editing choice for professional editors and filmmakers worldwide.

Real-time breakthroughs

Desktop or laptop, real-time editing anywhere is now a reality. Final Cut Pro 3 features G4 real-time effects, the industry?s first host-processor-powered, dual-stream, real-time effects architecture. This out-of-the-box real-time solution delivers render-free playback of transitions, composites, titles, and color correction for DV and OfflineRT formats ? no PCI card required. When combined with a PowerBook G4, Final Cut Pro 3 provides unprecedented real-time mobile editing capabilities.

G4 real-time effects scale with the power of your Mac. For the ultimate in render-free editing, use a dual processor Power Mac G4 and take advantage of multiple layers of real-time transitions, titles, and effects.

OfflineRT: Redefining offline editing

Final Cut Pro 3 dramatically reduces hard drive media limitations with OfflineRT, a new high-capacity format that yields over 40 minutes of high-quality offline video per gigabyte ? on standard hard drives. OfflineRT delivers the industry?s easiest offline format for DV. Simply set Final Cut Pro 3 to capture OfflineRT video via FireWire and get on-the-fly transcoding from the 3.6MB per second data rate of DV down to the 660 Kb per second data rate of OfflineRT. The enhanced Media Manager in Final Cut Pro 3 also allows you to convert other finishing formats ? M-JPEG, SD, and HD ? to this highly mobile format. With a PowerBook G4 and OfflineRT, uncompromised mobile video editing has become a reality.

Color correction

Final Cut Pro 3 brings advanced primary and secondary color correctors to your desktop. With range checking, overlays, and hardware-accurate waveform and vectorscope monitors at your fingertips, you can easily monitor video levels. You also get a powerful new set of image controls to maintain broadcast-safe luminance and black, levels. New keyboard short-cuts let you quickly switch between shots for instant comparison and analysis of your clips.

Key Features

Efficient professional editing tools with mode-free source/record three-point editing model, match frame, trim-on-the-fly, multitrack trimming, extend edit, and more. JKL keyboard controls and extensive keyboard shortcuts. Keyboard overlays included. G4 real-time effects for render-free playback of dissolves, wipes, motion effects, titles, and color correction in the DV and OfflineRT formats.* Capture to other formats using third-party real-time capture cards. 2 OfflineRT ? the new offline format that yields over 40 minutes of video per gigabyte on standard hard drives. Support for DV, M-JPEG, OfflineRT, Photo JPEG, NTSC and PAL uncompressed Standard Definition, and High Definition (1080i, 23.976, 24, 25, 29.97, and 30 fps). (Requires third-party PCI card.) Advanced primary and secondary color correction tools, including broadcast-safe filters and hardware-accurate waveform and vectorscope monitors. Integrated compositing with Adobe After Effects plug-in support, keyframe animation, and virtually unlimited layering. Media management features including project trimming, media consolidation, and offline-to-online conversion. EDL import/export and OMF audio export for integration with other finishing systems. QuickTime architecture ensures media compatibility with advanced effects applications and makes it easy to export to the web. Boris Calligraphy and CGM FXScript DVE for stunning 2D and 3D animated titles, video cubes, and more. (Included) Bias Peak DV audio editing tool includes time compression/expansion, VST plug-in support, batch file processing, and QuickTime movie support. (Included) The Voice Over tool allows you to capture audio directly to the timeline from a built-in or external microphone.

Deliver on DVD

Add Apple?s DVD Studio Pro to your system and create Hollywood-style interactive DVDs. Simply access the program?s ultrafast MPEG-2 codec via Final Cut Pro 3, and you?re creating high-quality video content on the industry?s most complete DVD authoring tool. Use a combination of Final Cut Pro 3 plus DVD Studio Pro on one of Apple?s SuperDrive-equipped G4 models, and you have an entire digital creation and delivery system with unmatched features and ease of use.

1 G4 real-time effects require a 500-MHz or faster single or dual processor Power Mac G4 or PowerBook G4. A 667-MHz PowerBook G4 is required for mobile G4 real-time effects in DV format.

2 See <a href="http://www.apple.com/finalcutpro"; target="_blank">www.apple.com/finalcutpro</a> for a list of approved third-party real-time capture cards.

Contents

*\tApplication and tutorial CDs

*\tUser and tutorial guides

*\tBoris Calligraphy plug-ins

*\tCGM FXScript DVE plug-ins

*\tBias Peak DV 3

Requirements

*\tMacintosh computer with an optical drive supporting CD-ROM format and minimum 300-MHz or faster PowerPC G3 or G4 processor and built-in FireWire.

(Note: 500-MHz or faster single or dual processor Power Mac G4 or PowerBook G4 required for G4 real-time effects. 667-MHz PowerBook G4 required for mobile G4 real-time effects in DV format)

*\tMac OS 9.2.2 or Mac OS X v10.1.1

*\tQuickTime (included)

*\t256MB of RAM (384MB recommended for G4 real-time effects).

*\t40MB of available disk space required for installation
  • Reply 47 of 57
    what do you think "online, offline, reltime" Means? Realtime effects?? Online video?? I can not WAIT!
  • Reply 48 of 57
    this is so fun. I called 1800Myapple, talked for a minute to see what the deal was with FCP 3, as we're talking, her manger hands her the info on FCP3. So friday I will be migrated to OS X for DV work!!!

Total was 324.93
  • Reply 49 of 57
    supersuper Posts: 82member
    Whoa. Dual stream real-time effects powered by the processor on DV. WOW. That's nice. The offline option is also a great idea. This is going to be awesome if we get faster dual G4's or G5's in Jan. This looks like being an amazing peice of software.
  • Reply 50 of 57
    logan calelogan cale Posts: 1,281member
    It requires Mac OS 9.2.2, so that must be coming out soon...
  • Reply 51 of 57
    How many converts is this one gonna get us.... Oh... you have to wait for it to render... on my apple it's real time...
  • Reply 52 of 57
    logan calelogan cale Posts: 1,281member
    There should be a new TV ad for FCP 3. Any ahdeeaz?
  • Reply 53 of 57

here is a screen shot!
  • Reply 54 of 57
    supersuper Posts: 82member
    The offline and realtime functions actually work really well together. Say im capturing HD to my mac via my cinewave card. If i capture to the apple offline codec (im assuming it retains time code) then i can edit in real-time and simply re-capture my clips in HD for the final render. I know these options have been around on avids and even on igniter cards before but it seems apple realises that their systems are becoming the standard for offline work and have built the feature right in.

I would also like to comment on the post made about avids and real pros not using FCP. Pro studios don't use FCP at the DV level because the quality is not good enough for broadcast. They are most definently using it to edit offline footage and many are now using it to edit online footage because of uncompressed capture cards like the Voodoo, Igniter and Cinewave. As hard drive prices continue to fall and processor speeds increase you will eventually see Avid go the way of the dinosaur. Why would anyone spend the money on an avid when a mac with a good uncompressed capture card (which is basically all an avid is anyway) and FCP will do the job for a 1/4 of the price.

Apple are going to own the desktop video market for a long time to come.
  • Reply 55 of 57
    Okay sorry for the double post but soulcrusher changed the title of his topic and I want the answer fast....

Â*Â*

------------------------------------------------------------------------

OH NO! I just had a thought.... is Contour Designs going to be ready with drivers for my shuttle!!!! <a href="http://www.contourdesign.com/shuttlepro.htm"; target="_blank">http://www.contourdesign.com/shuttlepro.htm</a>; ... Dear god please say yes... anyone know anything!

• Reply 57 of 57
    Wow Kormac, you nailed the FCP 3 release and features. Also the new DVD Studio Pro for OS X Schiller mentioned. Awesome!

I know this isn't software related, but what do you think of the possibility of the G5? Maybe you could breathe some new life into the LCD iMac and G5 threads in Future Hardware!