Buying a new Cell phone: Vendor check and is this a good phone?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Morning all,

Well a bit of back story. One night I spilled water on my Razor and well it no longer works. Rogers wants $500 to replace it, to that I say bull honky. This morning I was hunting for a place to buy one online and came across this site and this phone.

Here is the phone and vendor.

My questions?

well is the online store worth a damn?

is the LG chocolate phone good enough for a jet set guy like me?

What phone do you want, or have and like?

My Needs?

Well here is what I don't need:

- Music

- camera (video or still)

- PDA or smart phone.

It has to:

- be GSM

- have bluetooth

- sexy

Ok you have your mission. lets talk about phones.

flick.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Never used the Chocolate bar, never saw this site before, my Razr met with a wall. And what phone do I want? iPhone junior: Music (iPod), sms, calls, calander, calculator, contacts, settings, job done.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Never used the Chocolate bar, never saw this site before, my Razr met with a wall. And what phone do I want? iPhone junior: Music (iPod), sms, calls, calander, calculator, contacts, settings, job done.

Ok, I should ahve made this part of my description.

Love the iPhone.. but I'm not waiting nor am I interested in paying so much for it.

woot.

flick.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Well my next phone is going to the be the SoftBank 707SC.

It lacks the 850MHz band so if you're on Cingular that's kinda a hindrance. On Rogers in Canada you'll suffer somewhat but not a lot as their towers are always 850/1900 MHz?you'll lose about 30% of the spectrum.

The SoftBank/Samsung 707SC

The lala West store which is legit.

Downsides: ringtones limited to mp4/3gpp and 300 kb. Call waiting is kind of quiet. No predictive text input for English.

Upsides: Seriously hot looking and handles calls just fine, which is all I care about in a phone.

Howardforums thread