Adding album art please assist

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi there i wanted to use my albums (not downloaded of itunes) on my ipod but i want to know is there a way to add my own album art?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Go into iTunes and select the file (or files, you can edit multiple files) - right click on the file for the info - go to Illustration and here you can drag in almost any image file into the square, or just browse your library of pictures. Voila - here's your album art which will show up when you play that song.

This can also be done for multiple files witht he same album art of course

Good luck!
  • Reply 2 of 5
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    And just in case you didn't know, you can also select "Add Album Artwork" under the Advanced menu and it will search the iTunes store for Album Art, or there is other software like the Album Art dashboard widget if you're on a Mac.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

And just in case you didn't know, you can also select "Add Album Artwork" under the Advanced menu and it will search the iTunes store for Album Art, or there is other software like the Album Art dashboard widget if you're on a Mac.

The issue with doing it this way, as opposed to a command-I with a drag to the artwork box, is that the artwork isn't actually added to the mp3 file. If, for some reason, you lose the 'downloaded album art' folder you will be staring at blank artwork.

This Applescript will embed any downloaded artwork into the file:

http://www.dougscripts.com/itunes/sc...age=1#embedart
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by audiopollution View Post

The issue with doing it this way, as opposed to a command-I with a drag to the artwork box, is that the artwork isn't actually added to the mp3 file. If, for some reason, you lose the 'downloaded album art' folder you will be staring at blank artwork.

This Applescript will embed any downloaded artwork into the file:

http://www.dougscripts.com/itunes/sc...age=1#embedart

Thanks for the speedy reply.

So using this method do you think they would show up on the iphone as the other itunes purchased songs would look?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bavlondon2 View Post

Thanks for the speedy reply.

So using this method do you think they would show up on the iphone as the other itunes purchased songs would look?

Wow your jumping the gun a little arent you? Probably, but who knows.