THIS is what iPhone will compete against?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Oh, man. This is gonna be easy...

http://www.nokiausa.com/N800

(Darn it... "compete against"... wish I could edit those headlines...)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    I was playing with one of these (or maybe the 770, pretty much the same interface) and I was startled at how, I dunno, just sort of crummy it seemed.

The case seemed cheap, the interface was hideous, the control layout appeared virtually arbitrary and the buttons had that downscale sloppy feel.

It's why it's so exasperating when people talk about how the iPhone isn't interesting because it does "nothing new".

Now that Windows partisans have finally been convinced that a little pretty ain't such a bad thing we have to do it all over again with cell phones.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

(Darn it... "compete against"... wish I could edit those headlines...)

.. but I can!
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by audiopollution View Post

.. but I can!

Thanks, Audio!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,323moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Oh, man. This is gonna be easy...

It depends, it may have one big advantage:

"Download developer tools to write your own software applications"
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Considering that the N800 isn't a phone, it's not really any competition.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Maybe not any competition. But most definitely the stake in the ground to base value comparisons against.

Nokia has a restricted color depth screen, smaller screen dimensions MUCH larges size/weight, ONLY 3 hours browsing time (40% less) a whole 256Mb of flash storage!

Opera for browsing which is OK itself, but a three year old version of Flash???? Flash is on version 9 not 7 guys!!! How much content is going to come up not working? Hey you do get a small target stylus-based keyboard to work with! And a second stylus to replace the one you you will invariably loose!

All this for only $100 less than an iPhone -- and it can't make a call out of wifi range....

Can we get the iPhone is too expensive bashers back for another round now???
  • Reply 7 of 7
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Yah...but the camera can be pointed the right way for iChat...

Vinea