Giants crashing

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm having problems in Giants: Citizen Kabuto. Specifically, the game crashes every time I drop a smarty on the pad in the first base building mission. The cutscene with the robot loads, but doesn't play. Then everything locks up. Anybody else experience this? Is there a patch out yet? Workaround? Maybe a way to force the animation to not play?

-Ender

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Do you have anything running in the backround with the game? I had issues with game play on my systems but had about six diffrent programs running. Most issues I had was with bad sound and slow mouse tracking. Turning off the extra software did the trick for me.

You might want to turn down the video settings if your computer is not fast enough to render all the effects.

Later Steve
  • Reply 2 of 3
    enderender Posts: 353member
    I have done it both with background processes (namely Mail and iTunes) and without.

I have also tried at 640 x 480 @ 16 bit as well as my normal resolution of 1024 x 768 @ 32 bit.

My hardware should be adequate for the task. Dual 500 MHz G4 tower, 512 MB RAM, AGP Radeon (OEM card w/ ADC).

The rest of the game runs perfectly at 30 fps or near there. I also tried on my PCI Rage Pro (with very bad performance, I might add) -- same problem.

I found a workaround however. If you approach the pad while pressing escape rapidly, the cutscene will be bypassed and the game goes on perfectly from there. I tried re-installing, but the same thing happens.

I don't really mind though, and I beat the game this morning. It's too short!! I wanted there to be more!! Ah well, anxiously awaiting the MP patch (and Sacrifice!). :-)

Happy gaming,

-Ender
  • Reply 3 of 3
    enderender Posts: 353member
    I have done it both with background processes (namely Mail and iTunes) and without.

I have also tried at 640 x 480 @ 16 bit as well as my normal resolution of 1024 x 768 @ 32 bit.

My hardware should be adequate for the task. Dual 500 MHz G4 tower, 512 MB RAM, AGP Radeon (OEM card w/ ADC).

The rest of the game runs perfectly at 30 fps or near there. I also tried on my PCI Rage Pro (with very bad performance, I might add) -- same problem.

I found a workaround however. If you approach the pad while pressing escape rapidly, the cutscene will be bypassed and the game goes on perfectly from there. I tried re-installing, but the same thing happens.

I don't really mind though, and I beat the game this morning. It's too short!! I wanted there to be more!! Ah well, anxiously awaiting the MP patch (and Sacrifice!). :-)

Happy gaming,

-Ender