New Airport kinda buggy

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
This new Airport has some buggy software. Everytime I go into the Airport Utility, it scans for, finds my Airport and pulls up random info such as IP information and just about any other setting - anything but what I had saved it for the last time.

I'm not the only one seeing this, check the Apple support boards.

Really needs work. This one must have been coded by the interns. The retarded one.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sandau View Post

This new Airport has some buggy software. Everytime I go into the Airport Utility, it scans for, finds my Airport and pulls up random info such as IP information and just about any other setting - anything but what I had saved it for the last time.

I'm not the only one seeing this, check the Apple support boards.

Really needs work. This one must have been coded by the interns. The retarded one.

Mine's working tip top.

Are you doing anything unusual?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    "pulls random info"?

Do you mean you keep getting wacky settings delivered from the airport's dhcp server?

Or do you mean that the airport's wan-side settings are crunked?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    It seems to have started being more consistent after I went into the manual settings (double click the Airport icon in the Airport Utility left pane). I have it plugged into my d-link router, which i assigned it a static IP which seems to help.

Keeps dropping the AirDisk, not sure why that is.

What was pretty snazzy is the disk I'm using as the AirDisk was my iTunes external drive, which i plugged into the Airport. I opened iTunes and it just worked...very nice. I expected to have to update the settings but it was fine. Now if it would only keep the Airdisk online all the time...but it drops every so often and have to pull the Airport power to reset and get it back.