Daily Scheduling Software: I need advice for a Mac/Windows friendly solution

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
We have tried MultiCalendar http://www.multicalendar.com/ and did not have great success with it just on the Windows network. In fact, the product pretty sucked but when it worked, it was great.

Now that I have introduced Mac's into my company, I need a calendar/scheduling software so we can schedule deliveries for drivers that is compatible with Mac's and Windows.

In a nutshell: We manufacture concrete products and schedule delivery of these products weeks in advance and I need a way to see what driver is suppose to be where on what day with what product. iCal shared over a Mac network would be great but that may require Leopard Server. Something I am trying to avoid because I am not sure how that would work, how easy it would be for me to setup Server, and that may be a while off.

I have found this company http://www.nowsoftware.com/nighthawkSubsite/index.html that has that product coming out in the Spring of 2007 and it works on Windows and Macs. It looks like a iCal on steriods and seems promising even if it makes it out after or at the same time as Leopard.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Zimbra?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Try Google Calendar. It is great and works on any platform.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    My wife's company uses Entourage. It works really well and most of the non-Mac staff already knew how to use it, so adding the Macs went seemlessly.
  • Reply 4 of 6

Hi Aplnub,

I hope you are doing well. I just came across your post and thought to suggest you a tool which can help you in scheduling & planning your resources (Drivers). The software tool is eResource scheduler which have a booking chart where you can book your resources on different projects. It will give you a graphical representation of resources which are booked on different project for what time period. Regarding iCal i would say that the software has inbuilt mailing functionality where the resources get mails instantly when a new booking is created for them. You can use this application on a client-server architecture where you can collaborate it with other PC's and let your resources view their schedules. For more details you can visit their website and i think you'll get a free 14 day trial to evaluate it. i hope this will work.

www.eresourcescheduler.com

• Reply 5 of 6

Hi Aplnub,

I hope you are doing well. I just came across your post and thought to suggest you a tool which can help you in scheduling & planning your resources (Drivers). The software tool is eResource scheduler which have a booking chart where you can book your resources on different projects. It will give you a graphical representation of resources which are booked on different project for what time period. Regarding iCal i would say that the software has inbuilt mailing functionality where the resources get mails instantly when a new booking is created for them. You can use this application on a client-server architecture where you can collaborate it with other PC's and let your resources view their schedules. For more details you can visit their website and i think you'll get a free 14 day trial to evaluate it. i hope this will work.

www.eresourcescheduler.com