Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Man, this game is great!!

To bad the Mac version sucks, I guess its a good thing I got a lot more PCs and only 1 Mac because lately the Mac isn't good for much.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by HHogan:

<strong>To bad the Mac version sucks</strong><hr></blockquote>

What makes you say that? Multiplayer Test 2 works great on my 1st gen sawtooth running OS X 5L21. Try messing with your graphic prefs if your game is freezing up...
  • Reply 2 of 9
    I don't think it sucks. I have a G4 quicksilver with geforce 3. I turn everything on at 1024-768 and I get fine frames. I will have to get the exact numbers.

Strider
  • Reply 3 of 9
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    These types of game heavily rely on graphics cards, not the CPU.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    It works amicalbly on my Beige G3 era Mac with a G4 upgrade an PCI Radeon. I play at lower res, but it's still fun for me.

It's still not as fun as Counterstrike was though
  • Reply 5 of 9
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Runs nice on a Dual450 w/ GeForce2MX.

Runs better on the Duronite.

Fun fun fun game.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    Ooh what kind of specs does yer Duronite have g-rat?
  • Reply 7 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAddict:

<strong>Ooh what kind of specs does yer Duronite have g-rat?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Do you really want to get him started?
  • Reply 8 of 9
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    600mhz o.c. 900mhz Duron, GeForce2MX, 768mb RAM.

There, that wasn't so painful now was it?

(And sweet Transformers stickers on the case. They make everything go faster.)
  • Reply 9 of 9
    enderender Posts: 353member
    I get between 40 and 90 fps in Wolf MP test 1 (depending if I'm indoors or outdoors). I'm running 10.1.1 on my DP 500 G4 tower with 512 MB RAM at 1280 x 1024 with an OEM Radeon card (the one with the ADC on it). I think it's great! I will definitely be purchasing that game when it comes out.

I am going to go get the 2nd test now, but everybody seems to hate it... guess I'll have to find out for myself.

-Ender