A little bird told me

11315171819

Comments

  • Reply 281 of 377
    jccbinjccbin Posts: 476member
    no. Gas.
  • Reply 282 of 377
    After Philbot's thought on iPod to iMac comparisons I'm seeing his current train of thought.

    A wireless screen with the multitouch capability would interesting, if not a little too far removed from current interaction with computers!

    I'm seeing something more connected to the recent introduction of the N 'standard' in Wifi and the new time machine software.

    I also recall patents for a cube shaped mac and also ambient lighting?

    Apple Cube Patent



    Like it has been said before by a number of members on the board, I too am sure there will be some sort of Apple external hard drive released before Panther for Time Machine.



    How about some sort of all in one cube system that sits in your home/workplace? A storage bay for all your music, pictures, movies etc ready to shared over a seamless mac network?

    That would surely work well on the most part for the average home user.

    Any content that was likely to be used could be preuploaded to devices internal hard drives such as in the AppleTV (Maybe even the iPhone?!)



    This would allow the iMac to be slimmed down and for the most part become more akin to the ACD's in design? I'm not thinking the iMac is about to go portable though. It's still a desktop computer! BUT we haven't seen the 6G iPod yet. I'm hoping that the design will mirror the iPhone but be approached as more of a domestic remote control while in the house and awesome music player whilst on the go!

    You could browse your media libraries on your MacCube from anywhere within Wi-fi signal. A sort of Apple home media automation system!



    Flame away!

  • Reply 283 of 377
    Apple have also just filed a patent to use inductance and a combination of inductance and wireless technologies to transfer both power and data to a charging display. This would be of practical use with the iPone, but also of great significance for a Mac Tablet / iMac with removable display.



    Click here for more info.



    Apple employ some of the most creative minds in the industry. If we can think of it, chances are, they have already prototyped it! It's just a matter of economics as to whether they bring it to market. In many cases the technology we have on the shop shelves is several years old and that really frustrates me! I'm just not wealthy enough to commission production and have instant access to this technology!



    Apple Inside have now just posted even more info:



    http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2496
  • Reply 284 of 377
    snoopysnoopy Posts: 1,901member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpinDrift View Post




    Apple have also just filed a patent to use inductance and a combination of inductance and wireless technologies to transfer both power and data to a charging display. This would be of practical use with the iPone, but also of great significance for a Mac Tablet / iMac with removable display.






    Interesting. A very inefficient, and therefore wasteful, way to charge batteries however. I heard about a guy who lived near a high-voltage power line, and he picked up enough power to charge a battery farm, from which he powered his home. They finally caught him.



  • Reply 285 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by snoopy View Post


    Interesting. A very inefficient, and therefore wasteful, way to charge batteries however. I heard about a guy who lived near a high-voltage power line, and he picked up enough power to charge a battery farm, from which he powered his home. They finally caught him.







    Don't know if that is true or not, but my father, who is an electrical engineer, used to work with power companies and he tells a story about "leakage." To demonstrate his point about insulation he took some execs out to their high-power lines and used a light bulb to make it clear how much power was escaping. Needless to say, the bulb lit up, albeit dimly.



    When I asked him how he felt about the idea of building dwellings near high-power lines, he replied that he couldn't prove it would be a bad idea, but that he wouldn't live anywhere near them himself.
  • Reply 286 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maybejames View Post


    Like it has been said before by a number of members on the board, I too am sure there will be some sort of Apple external hard drive released before Panther for Time Machine.



    can't see it myself, apple's got bigger egg's to fry than the external HD market. An apple EHD adds little value that i can see to time machine.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maybejames View Post


    How about some sort of all in one cube system that sits in your home/workplace? A storage bay for all your music, pictures, movies etc ready to shared over a seamless mac network?

    That would surely work well on the most part for the average home user.

    Any content that was likely to be used could be preuploaded to devices internal hard drives such as in the AppleTV (Maybe even the iPhone?!)



    A communal storage device (wireless or not) for media storage makes a lot of sense. Combine it with Leopard server Lite and you may have a reason for an apple EHD (or maybe an iRAID?)





    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maybejames View Post


    Flame away!





    Flaming's for losers 8)



    Friendly disagreement and discussion can help us enlighten each other



    feel free to flame, though, if you must...
  • Reply 287 of 377
    So is anything coming tomorrow?
  • Reply 288 of 377
    Yeah good point. What was all that stuff after the Macworld Expo about some special event on the 20th Feb. I'm sure Apple would have said something by now if that was the case.
  • Reply 289 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpinDrift View Post


    Yeah good point. What was all that stuff after the Macworld Expo about some special event on the 20th Feb. I'm sure Apple would have said something by now if that was the case.



    Just watch. Either they do somthing like update their website, or they do nothing.



    Actually, I don't really care what they do, unless they do somthing to the poor MacBook Pros...I don't want them to change too much untill I get one. I can't imagine a MacBook Pro with "Apple plastic".
  • Reply 290 of 377
    Real, real soon , now...
  • Reply 291 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by European guy View Post


    Real, real soon , now...



    and if you felt like telling us HOW soon, would the answers be in hours, days, or weeks
  • Reply 292 of 377
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Monday is a holiday, Wednesday could be Apple's Tuesday!
  • Reply 293 of 377
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by European guy View Post


    Real, real soon , now...



    without any Special Event?
  • Reply 294 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shanmugam View Post


    Monday is a holiday, Wednesday could be Apple's Tuesday!



    its starting to sound like Apple is going to announce a chain of grill restaurants involving flea market stuff nailed to the wall
  • Reply 295 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shanmugam View Post


    Monday is a holiday, Wednesday could be Apple's Tuesday!



    Actually, the last update to the iMac was released on a Wednesday, so we still have hope!
  • Reply 296 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by psychodoughboy View Post


    its starting to sound like Apple is going to announce a chain of grill restaurants involving flea market stuff nailed to the wall



    That would actually be pretty sweet - Steve's Bar & Grill...except we'd probably all have to eat veggie burgers...
  • Reply 297 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by greenacres View Post


    That would actually be pretty sweet - Steve's Bar & Grill...except we'd probably all have to eat veggie burgers...



    As long as they have free internet access I don't mind!
  • Reply 298 of 377
    pbpb Posts: 4,234member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by greenacres View Post


    Actually, the last update to the iMac was released on a Wednesday, so we still have hope!



    If you talk about Wednesday 21 then yes (for just a routine update). But not for a completely redesigned iMac. This deserves a special Apple event.
  • Reply 299 of 377
    How about the 27th Feb
  • Reply 300 of 377
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by psychodoughboy View Post


    and if you felt like telling us HOW soon, would the answers be in hours, days, or weeks



    Days, of course...

    Weeks doesn't really feel like a rumour, right ? It's like saying that " In the future Apple will make computers and stuff with processors ..."
Sign In or Register to comment.