Anybody Played Grand Theft Auto 3 for PS2?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Man, this game is awesome. I think it might be the best thing that happened to PS in a while. I'm am seriously thinking about spending $300 on a PS2. But with the XBox and GC coming out do you guys think the PS2 will drop in price? I haven't owned a console since high school but man I am hooked on GTA3. I'm always at my friends house playing it. Plus most of my friends have PS2 so I could trade games with them.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    [quote]Originally posted by dolphyjazz:

<strong>Man, this game is awesome. I think it might be the best thing that happened to PS in a while. I'm am seriously thinking about spending $300 on a PS2. But with the XBox and GC coming out do you guys think the PS2 will drop in price? I haven't owned a console since high school but man I am hooked on GTA3. I'm always at my friends house playing it. Plus most of my friends have PS2 so I could trade games with them.</strong><hr></blockquote>

GTA3 is indeed quite excellent. The controls (especially while driving) aren't quite as good as I would like, but the game as a whole is so good I can put up with it.

As for the price of the PS2: Sony has announced that the price will be $299 through the remainder of the year. So it does seem likely that it will drop sometime next year, although I'd be surprised if they dropped it by more than $50 anytime soon.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Just after the all GT3 excitement had died down they dropped the price of the PS2 in the UK from £299 to £199 so unless the US PS2 was loads cheaper to begin with more price cuts could be on the way. Especially as it's up against the Xbox & Gamecube in the states (the Xbox isn't coming to the UK until the new year)