Cool games?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
What do you like the best?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 27
    Total Annihilation, Descent 3, Unreal Tournament... nothing compares!
  • Reply 2 of 27
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein!
  • Reply 3 of 27
    Civ 3 is getting a lot of play, even if it is missing features.

The Operational Art Of War Century of Warfare Pack has me invading West Germany on a regular basis!

I can reach the Rhine in 12 days or so. Sometimes much less.
  • Reply 4 of 27
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    I play UT a LOT now. It's getting addicting because I play my friend online (who I actually have seen in person), and it's a helluva fun to talk on the phone with somebody and distract them while you aim your sniper rifle.
  • Reply 5 of 27
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Alice is pretty damn cool, especially with a Soundblaster and 4.1 surround
  • Reply 6 of 27
    I feel a bit silly saying this, but I still play Q3A about 95% of time! I just can't get enough of CTF. ChessWorks is way cool too; can play online. Except I get slaughtered often
  • Reply 7 of 27
    jutusjutus Posts: 272member
    Urban Terror.

<a href="http://urbanterror.net"; target="_blank">http://urbanterror.net</a>;
  • Reply 8 of 27
    kaboomkaboom Posts: 286member
    I just bought Alien vs Predator.

It's pretty cool but it's hard to play as an Alien. Those things can crawl all over the place. Easy to lose your bearings.
  • Reply 9 of 27
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    I know it's not a real "gamers game" but I love Age of Empires II.

Also, after all the hype this summer, I've taken up the Tomb Raider Trilogy. Sure, the movie wasn't that great, but now, that's not Lara running around, it's Angelina!

Boy, do I need a life or what?

Jeff

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: jeffyboy ]</p>
  • Reply 10 of 27
    Solo: Age of Empires (cant wait for II)

Net: UT

Also Tony Hawk Pro Skater if I feel like being seasick
  • Reply 11 of 27
    Elite Force, THPS 2, Airburst, TA, Rogue Spear. I will probably get UT once there is a OS X version.

Strider
  • Reply 12 of 27
    I'v never been interested in first-person shooters like Quake or Unreal (save for Nintendo64's Goldeneye: perhaps the world's greatest videogame...it's either that, the original Legend of Zelda, or Super Mario Bros. 3). I like to play non-gamer's games like SimCity 2k and 3k, tronGL, minesweeper (of course), and any arcade, atari, or NES emulation I can get my hands on.
  • Reply 13 of 27
    definitely minesweeper
  • Reply 14 of 27
    [quote]Originally posted by Strider:

<strong>Elite Force, THPS 2, Airburst, TA, Rogue Spear. I will probably get UT once there is a OS X version.

Strider</strong><hr></blockquote>

There is an X version. It just sucks right now. Give the guy time...
  • Reply 15 of 27
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    I am waiting for Snood to get ported to OS X
  • Reply 16 of 27
    Surprisingly no body talks about Heroes of Might an Magic III :confused: and CivII. I've lost many hours playing at those two game . But UT still got the point !!
  • Reply 17 of 27
    No one said Starcraft, Deus Ex, or Rainbow Six?!? :eek: hehe.

Lately though I've noticed a shortage in new games that cause excitment when released. I'm hoping Myth III and the 2002 releases will change this (warcraft 3!)

Enigma

National Mac Gaming Champion MWSF 2000 - Rainbow 6
  • Reply 18 of 27
    [quote]Originally posted by Sinewave:

<strong>I am waiting for Snood to get ported to OS X </strong><hr></blockquote>

Is it just me, or are the graphics in snood really sub-par when compared to that of Bust-A-Move or Puzzle Bobble? I know its all about the gameplay and not graphics with this game, but couldn't they touch it up a little? Afterall, they released a Gameboy Advance version!

It doesn't take much to change the picture resources
  • Reply 19 of 27
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    Well Enigma I am hoping when they port Snood to X they change the graphics a bit
  • Reply 20 of 27
    How'd you get TOAW running? Or are you cheating and using a PC? (Last I tried, it wouldn't work in VPU, may need to try it again)

ditto on Civ3

Harpoon3 will destroy my GPA once I get the money together. I will own it!

<a href="http://www.harpoon3.com/harpoon3.html"; target="_blank">Harpoon3 For Macs only</a>